Old 10th October 2009, 15:44

Unhappy widescreen feature

wanting to have my stream in widescreen, I adjusted my settings in FME bit noticed that nothing happened, then I stumble on the settings / configure tab in my account area, and saw that the 16x9 was only for premium members, I hope that this will be unlocked for free users, such a nice layout so having this feature for free users will not make the widescreen feature to waste (well for us using the free service)

Best Regards!
Old 10th October 2009, 17:01

yeah i dont get why the players are 16:9 if we arent even allowed to stream at 16:9
Old 12th October 2009, 10:24

Procaster does indeed let you broadcast in 16:9. Now be aware ! Although you can broadcast in 16:9 useing Procaster, the new player isn't just 16:9, it's also HD so a 16:9 SD stream will center in the middle of the new player while HD will fill it.
http://sites.google.com/site/skippynutnow/
Old 12th October 2009, 13:00

Default widescreen layout

I like the new widescreen layout from the beta project but the full screen function does not work with the embed code - is there a workaround this, maybe by adding allow fullscreen to the code? Also can I customise the colours or anything else on the beta web page display?
Old 13th October 2009, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStepelton View Post
Procaster does indeed let you broadcast in 16:9. Now be aware ! Although you can broadcast in 16:9 useing Procaster, the new player isn't just 16:9, it's also HD so a 16:9 SD stream will center in the middle of the new player while HD will fill it.
yes it lets you broadcast 16:9 but the setting in the configure are is locked out so as you said widescreen will just center, it would be great to have the whole 16:9 being occupied by SD streamers aswell.

Last edited by 991spiritfm; 13th October 2009 at 02:44. Reason: typo error
Old 13th October 2009, 12:55
Administrator

Default 16:9

Once we actually rollout, 16:9 will be working for all users and videos recorded in 16:9 will expand to fill the player.
Old 13th October 2009, 14:23

Thumbs up

I think the 16:9 will be free when the final version released since the player is natively in 16:9, even for free channels.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991spiritfm View Post
yes it lets you broadcast 16:9 but the setting in the configure are is locked out so as you said widescreen will just center, it would be great to have the whole 16:9 being occupied by SD streamers aswell.
Now if they would just bring back the VOD menu in the player I'd be happy. Other wise it's going to make linking to recordings from my website a pain compared to the old On-Demand button on the player itself.
http://sites.google.com/site/skippynutnow/
Old 18th October 2009, 11:44

OH NO! I am against the return of the VOD button because it was poorly done!