Old 8th August 2009, 03:15

Default Why would you do that?

I believe many people are having problems with verification due to the fact that the studio interface allows for the easy addition of youtube videos into one's playlist.

If people are getting denied verification due to the videos you so readily let us use, why would you make such an addition?

I know it is a very helpful tool and I love it, but if you could add an easily distinguishable note saying that the videos still need permission to be added to our libraries.

Also, if people allow embeds of their youtube videos, doesn't that give you permission to embed them? They can disable embeds if that is what they wish, or does Livestream use some other method that bypasses the creator's sharing wishes?
Old 31st August 2009, 08:13

Default same

i have the same problems, i have applied i think its 3 or 4 times and it still denied to give me permission to have more than 50 viewers
Old 1st September 2009, 19:28

yeah!!!!!! man
Old 4th September 2009, 13:23

Default Same Problem

I actually have the DVDs of the videos I am using, sent by the people who made them...it was jjst easier to import from youtube rather than converting the DVD files...do I now need written permission for every DVD? This makes no sense
Old 4th September 2009, 16:32

That's unusual because up until recently, I used only youtube vids and was verified after one application and I don't even break 20 viewers ever. Maybe it's actually based on opinion whether or not your show is worth it. I know alot of people have this problem, and still don't understand why people are being rejected.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:48

One time I used my cam and made sure 100% all my videos were of me playing PS3 games, they STILL denied it, after complaining to their support, they approved my channel.

If they don't approve and you know your content and etc has nothing wrong with you, just complain to support and ask them for a reason if not approve it.
Old 8th September 2009, 06:01

Are you COMPLETELY filling out the application? Or only filling in bare essentials such as name and password. In my experience, the channels that are denied are ones that fill in the least amount of information about what their purpose is. This is frequently done by individuals who want to play content that violates the Terms of Service, and hope that they can squeak by.

Share your plans with Livestream, let them know what you want to do. They're not just a faceless entity here, they're a partner, and they have a vested interest in promoting the best content.

Tags
licensing, tos, verification