Old 27th February 2009, 07:08

Default Broadcast using my Handycam

I would like to broadcast using Sony Handycam SR80 that I already own. I need some help figuring out how to hook it to my pc/laptop. How do I know or find a firewire that will work? I ask Best Buy but their associates are just part time college kids with no answers. All help is appreciated as I'm a novice at this. thanks
Old 27th February 2009, 10:23
Administrator

I believe that particular model of camera only has a USB 2.0 interface, not firewire, but this should be sufficient for connecting the camera to your computer for streaming. Once you connect via USB and it is recognized by the computer it should be detected by Flash once you enter Mogulus Studio.

Step-by-step instructions on using the studio can be found in the Mogulus Userguide:
http://www.mogulus.com/userguide/index.php/Main_Page

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 16th August 2009, 16:58

Smile Ben. I've posted this ? on the Mac forum but mebbe you know.

I'm trying to run 2 cameras through my macbook. One comes through the DV/Firewire port just fine, but the second (I'm trying DV at camera end through USB) keeps referencing the iSight image.

I can't find how to turn iSight off. But I'm thinking, once that input is gone, the Mac will search for/recognize the external USB source. I AM speculating at this point.

Can you help me out here? Thanks!

Tags
firewire, handycam, sony, sr80