Old 9th July 2009, 17:43

Default VLC Problem

I'm trying to stream a school project I have burned to a DVD, and it only seems to run in VLC. VLC streams the sound but video shows up as nothing but black video.

Is there a way to get VLC to show the video properly, or is there DVD software that streams well with Procaster? (Windows Media Player isn't an option)

Thanks.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:45
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi azraljb

is this a question about VLC or Procaster? i dont fully understand...

thanks
Lior Messinger
VP of Game & Desktop Products
Livestream
Old 14th July 2009, 01:50

If this user is having the same problem as me then I can explain what is going wrong, though I don't know how to fix it either.

This user wants to play his video on VLC Media Player, and it does run on there.

However, when they try to STREAM using Procaster and playing the VLC video it does not stream properly. Upon reviewing the stream, the audio of VLC player will have been recorded fine but VLC player will only show a black box where the video is supposed to be playing.

For some reason Procaster is not streaming the VLC video that plays on the desktop.

I've tried to stream video with Procaster and VLC, GOM Player, and Window Media Player but all of them don't seem to work with Procaster. Procaster will play audio of the videos but just a blank spot where the video should be.

Now, is there a way to remedy this issue?
Old 14th July 2009, 16:56
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

I would try to broadcast in game mode, and making sure the player is hooked (that Livestream green icon appears on top left). have you tried this?

also, make sure you read this: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019

thanks
Lior Messinger
VP of Game & Desktop Products
Livestream
Old 15th July 2009, 19:54

Well, it seems I'm having the same issue. It's not VLC its self it seems, but all programs that run the codecs for DVDs. Nero 9 ShowTime gave me the same issue. And for a moment, I had it remedied, but then it reverted. I can no longer figure out what I did in the first place to fix it.

And I can't hook Procaster to either VLC or Showtime, as neither program counts as a game to it. (As in, the program doesn't use Direct X 8, 9, 10, or uses OpenGL)