Old 20th November 2011, 12:05

Default Interrupted stream

I recorded the first three hours of an event, and went to sleep while recording the last three hours of it. I did not save it myself, because I did not stop recording at any time during the first half.
When I woke up, my computer had restarted because of "automatic updates." What is left of my recording is an mp4 file of 540 MB, and a few .tmp files whose creation time were all when I started, and whose "modification" time was around 4 hours later-- which I suppose is when the computer restarted.
The mp4 file does not play in Winamp, and causes VLC to crash.

Is there ANY WAY AT ALL to recover this video? I have been seeing mixed answers.
If you need more details, let me know.
If you want me to upload the file(s), I will. Or I can take steps myself, but please be specific and simple for me.

Thanks for your help. I really hope I can recover the event; at least the first three hours.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:59
Livestream Producer Support

Hitaki318,

It would be help to first know what program you were using to encode, if Procaster please provide the version number. This can be found within the preferences menu by clicking the "i" at the top right-hand corner.

Could you please also let us know any error messages you receive and if you're able to open the clip in Mpeg Streamclip.

Thanks,

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 10th April 2014, 11:56

Angry Mp4 file corrupted after PC or Procaster software crash

Hi.
it's the same thing for me, the file MP4 generated from Procaster 20.3.25 (because my PC shutdown suddenly) is corrupted and it's impossible to open with any software like VLC, WMP, MPC etc etc....

When I try to open it with "MPEG Streamclip" I read: "Unrecognized file type" and, after click on "open anyway", I read "Can't find video or audio tracks".

I found a very expensive online service to repair the mp4 corrupted files: http://mp4repair.org/pwt6/preview.html. When I upload the mp4 it the website app works for a minute and after show me a good preview of the video content and the real timing (near 2 hours and half) but ask to me $ 499,00 !!! :/ This is ridicoulus! So it's possible to repair the broken files of the Livestream Procaster!

Please "Livestream support" let us know if you think to do a good service for your customers offering a similar service or a free software to fix this corrupted files. The cause are always the same: the pc shut down, the procaster software crash.

Please someone could reply about this problem? I found a lot of people with the same question and we try a lot of video fixing software without good results. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg filemp4corrupted.jpg (300.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by angzicc; 10th April 2014 at 12:03.

Tags
corrupt, interrupted, mp4