Old 10th January 2014, 23:37

Default Maximum live streaming time on Procaster

Hi guys, someone can tell me how many time (maximum time) that could be on live transmission mode Procaster? Because after a long time ( i mean a couple of hours) when I'm back on my computer I see that the Procaster is closed. Thank you
Old 11th January 2014, 17:44
Super Moderator

Hi Radio36,

While the Original Livestream platform has a *recording* limit of 5 hours, Procaster itself has no streaming limit. Check that your computer's CPU isn't taxed with too many open programs, anti-virus programs, or that you're not streaming in too high a quality. If overburdened, it may close programs in an attempt to save memory.

Livestream Producer Support
Old 11th January 2014, 21:38

Lightbulb

I'm very gratefull for your response bblinder, I've seen that my computer works at 16% at most (with a few applications running) and the memory is enought. It's a dedicated computer to stream so i do not run much moore apps.
I want tell you that WebCaster works fine! I can stream live for hours and hours...!!! but Procaster is giving me that problem! at 14:xx minutes the stream goes down but the Procaster continues running normally on my computer!
I run WINDOWS XP.
I'm thinking on a problem with my ports on windows, maybe the ports get closed after a certain time but I really don't know what is happening.

Here I copy a few netstats results:

(Without running Procaster)

(After 30 seconds running Procaster)

(After transmission falls)

Please, I appreciate any suggestion because I'm very bewildered.
Best regards
Old 2nd February 2014, 13:29
Super Moderator

Hello,

Thank you for providing that information. Part of the issue is that Procaster is not supported on Windows XP (it's supported on Windows Vista and up).

Another possibility is that port TCP 1935 may be blocked (as indicated by CLOSE_WAIT). Port 1935 is the default for any kind of flash video transmission.

Livestream Producer Support

Tags
broadcasting, live, maximum time, time, transmission