Old 6th February 2013, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
We do now have follow functionality on New Livestream accounts. For example:
http://new.livestream.com/nytimes

-Ben
Livestream Support
So if somebody has an old account, because they are talented and sort of are the only reason I use this site. I can't actually follow them. Because adding the word new to the urls doesn't work. Seriously why didn't you just add a button instead of making a new domain?
Old 14th May 2013, 07:41

Thumbs down I love livestream but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursingL View Post
So if somebody has an old account, because they are talented and sort of are the only reason I use this site. I can't actually follow them. Because adding the word new to the urls doesn't work. Seriously why didn't you just add a button instead of making a new domain?
I too don't understand this. I have the same issues your having. I have A LOT of favourite channels on the old version of the site which I cannot fav on the 'new' version (which btw, I had NO IDEA existed until I searched the forums for why we can't fav/follow channels).

I can log in to the 'new' livestream which is fine. But if any of my favourite channels are on the 'old' version I can't search for them, nothing comes up for their channel name. Ridiculous!

Seems insane to have two versions of the same site!, surely you could merge old accounts to new ones so EVERYONE benefits from these new functions, and so that when anyone logs into or registers on livestream they are on the new site, not the old one.
Old 12th January 2014, 06:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
New Livestream has various service levels; Free, Basic, and Premium. There is a huge base of users and growing streaming everything from art, kittens, gaming, and concerts, all of which you are able to follow.
Hi, I don't seem to find an answer to the concern expressed in the previous post (namely: "How do I follow people who have an old account?") you're answering to.

All of those things are very nice, but I want to follow Peoople like pkart, reza ilyasa, Elsevilla and Viccolatte. These are just a few names but there are tons that won't ever notify me of an online event because I don't follow them. Can you please address the actual issue? Is there any plan to merge the old accounts with the new site so we can follow them and receive notifications or should we just all move to sites like Picarto?

Additionally, I've not streamed anything but I'm planning to in just a month, as I'm going to be building my portfolio. As my account doesn't have a "new" in front of it, it's completely useless to me because I won't be able to get any followers, if things are to stay that way.

Why having two different userbases?
Old 13th January 2014, 19:26

Hi xRenx, it is not just two userbases, it is two entirely different platforms. Original Livestream and New Livestream are two different websites. Original does not support a follow feature. New Livestream does. Therefore, there would be no way to follow a user on Original. Original Livestream is the legacy platform.
Old 7th April 2014, 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
We do now have follow functionality on New Livestream accounts. For example:
http://new.livestream.com/nytimes

-Ben
Livestream Support
Hi! um, so you can only follow people on the new livestream? What about users that don't have new livestream accounts? There are people on original livestream I'd love to follow, but I don't think they have a new account.
Old 7th April 2014, 23:10

I followed 20+ of my friends using the old app and it worked great. You can easily add functionality for us to still follow them using your new app, but refuse to as you try to push people to the new platform. I can no longer follow my friends, and a few of them only stream a handful times per year, which I am now going to miss out on as I relied on my phone to notify me when they came online. Thanks a lot, Livestream, you guys keep getting worse and worse.
Old 8th April 2014, 09:15
Super Moderator

The Original Livestream has not been under active development for a long time; the same applies to the Original app.

This has been made obvious across many threads for a long time, and will not change.

This thread is now closed.

Livestream Producer Support
Closed Thread

Tags
add, follow, friend