Old 20th September 2013, 14:43

Default Livestream chat not loading and low performance.

Hello. Recently, the livestream chat tab ceased working for me. The tab remains blank after being activated after the stream goes live and there's no way to remotely access the chat during a stream without logging to the channel through a browser.

Also, I've reported a number of times a very high performance drop in OS X 10.8 after the common issue with black screen was addressed, so after I was told that the issue would be resolved in the upcoming patch (20.3.25M, if I recall) my ticket was closed. When the patch came, however, nothing changed. The avg frame rate remained ~15 fps as opposed to the old, stable 30 and I opened another ticket, but it was left without any answer. I've provided your support with application logs, thorough system report and other required information at the time. Sadly, to no avail.

All I can add now after several months is that I experience the same issue with Livestream for Producers, but there, I get about 2 fps more than in Procaster (~17). Normally, if I haven't had experience with your program in the past where it ran smoothly, I'd accept it as my computer's fault, however it had no problems of effectively running Procaster before Mountain Lion came. I'd really love to see this issue resolved, because from all the streaming software I've used so far it is the most convenient for me to use.

If needed, I can provide all the required information again.

EDIT; 'Promote' and 'Player' tabs are not working either.

Last edited by Brandar; 20th September 2013 at 14:54. Reason: added details
Old 21st September 2013, 11:16

I am having this same problem, even after uninstalling and reinstalling.
Old 9th October 2013, 16:46

I too am having this problem. I used to stream on a PC but I brought my Mac to college instead and have not been able to livestream here. I've tried several streaming options and Livestream is my favorite, so I'm disappointed I'm not able to use it right now.
Old 9th October 2013, 17:03

It's not working for me either; Mac 10.6.8, Adobe Flash and Livestream Procaster both up to date. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and using older versions, nothing works.
Old 14th October 2013, 14:35

I'm having the same problem here, too. Mac OS X 10.7.5 and the latest version of Procaster. I tried reinstalling three times but I still can't access the chat.
Old 1st December 2013, 15:51

Same issue as well. OSX 10.6.8

I uninstalled Flash and tried to roll back to 11.7 and all that happened was the Flash installer failed multiple times.

Eventually tried another version which still presented me with no luck. Blacked out chat, promote and player.

And yes I updated to the lastest Procaster. Are their any fixes for this yet?
Old 4th December 2013, 17:21
Super Moderator

Hi cedreau,

I can confirm that a long-term fix is in the works, though I can't provide an exact ETA. As of now the a temporary solution would be to downgrade to flash version 11.7.

Livestream Producer Support
Old 13th December 2013, 22:42

So I downgraded to a different version, because the one recommended would not install in my Mac.

fp_11.7.700.252_archive.zip <-- that was the version I used, because the previously recommended one did not work at all for me. It would get to 65% and stall out, every time.

It didn't hurt that I also did a nice shutdown after uninstalling the version currently on my system which hilariously asked me to update again today when I logged into Procaster.

After all the hub bub and I finally got that archived version to install properly I now have a functioning chat, promote, and player section again that is no longer blacked out.

There were enough replies to gum something together.

Tags
chat, issue, os x 10.8, performance, procaster