Old 12th August 2013, 13:18

Default Stream not showing up as a VoD

Hi,

I streamed an event last night that lasted around 2 hours. I went to look for it today and I don't see it in the VoD's page. In Livestream studio I can see that it's there, and I can rename it, but it says "Unable to download video" with a link to "retry" that doesn't seem to work.

What can I do here?
Old 13th August 2013, 06:47
Livestream Producer support

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonmlk View Post
Hi,

I streamed an event last night that lasted around 2 hours. I went to look for it today and I don't see it in the VoD's page. In Livestream studio I can see that it's there, and I can rename it, but it says "Unable to download video" with a link to "retry" that doesn't seem to work.

What can I do here?
Hello,

If you are referring about this error message on the storyboard "Unable to download the video-Retry". This option to retry would show up if the clip has failed to process properly on to our servers. This is generally caused due to network connectivity /intermittent connectivity/encoder disconnecting/reconneting.We would not be able to retrieve the clip since it has failed to record onto our servers. Normally recordings do not fail, but it can on occasion for a variety of reasons.In future, I would recommend using Procaster (http://new.livestream.com/broadcast-live/encoder) for your future broadcasts which saves a copy of your broadcast locally which would serve as back up against such instances. If you had used Procaster for your broadcasts, You can locate the recordings in these folders i.e PC's " My Videos " and Mac "Movies" folders).

Let me know if you have further questions.