Old 27th June 2013, 13:51

Unhappy RTMP and Invalid Credentials

I am using a screen recording program called Simple Screen Recorder to record my screen and I wanted to broadcast it live to Livestream, however, when I enter

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/channelname/username=yourusername/password=yourpassword/isAutoLive=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9

with channelname, yourusername, and yourpassword replaced with my credentials, the container set to FLV and the codec set to libx264 (h.264), I get an email saying someone tried to stream to your channel with invalid credentials for the username "my username". Am I doing something wrong?

If it helps I'm on a 64-bit system using GNU/Linux with the latest stable kernel.
Old 14th October 2013, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatHacker1 View Post
I am using a screen recording program called Simple Screen Recorder to record my screen and I wanted to broadcast it live to Livestream, however, when I enter

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/channelname/username=yourusername/password=yourpassword/isAutoLive=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9

with channelname, yourusername, and yourpassword replaced with my credentials, the container set to FLV and the codec set to libx264 (h.264), I get an email saying someone tried to stream to your channel with invalid credentials for the username "my username". Am I doing something wrong?

If it helps I'm on a 64-bit system using GNU/Linux with the latest stable kernel.

this same thing is happening to me
Old 14th October 2013, 18:14
Super Moderator

Thank you for contacting Livestream.

Please create a new ticket to newsupport@livestream.com, and include your username, and channel name, so that we may troubleshoot further.

Thank you for your patience.

Tags
flv encoding, h.264, linux, rtmp server error