Old 22nd May 2013, 14:28

Default Connection dropping regularly

Hello!
Long time procaster user, unfortunately I think I've been having this problem from the beginning (luckily my viewers are nice and don't seem to mind too much <3) It seems that whenever I'm streaming, around every 5-10 mins the connection will just drop and take about 10-30 seconds to reconnect again. I've put it down to the terrible broadband in the UK, but I figured I should ask here as a last ditch effort!
Speedtest results to New York: http://speedtest.net/result/2724882369.png

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:27

At least yours reconnects. I haven't used this procaster in almost a year, and still having the same issues... using the latest procaster 20.3.25v it will stop broadcasting live after an hour or so... still the same buggy software a year later.

I'll have to switch over to the webcaster for it to be more stable... i hope that still works..
Old 25th May 2013, 17:34
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorexity View Post
Hello!
Long time procaster user, unfortunately I think I've been having this problem from the beginning (luckily my viewers are nice and don't seem to mind too much <3) It seems that whenever I'm streaming, around every 5-10 mins the connection will just drop and take about 10-30 seconds to reconnect again. I've put it down to the terrible broadband in the UK, but I figured I should ask here as a last ditch effort!
Speedtest results to New York: http://speedtest.net/result/2724882369.png

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
This issue is normally caused by bandwidth issues. Are you on a shared internet line? If so, there's the culprit. Make sure you're streaming at a moderate bitrate (Normal quality recommended) and that there are no firewalls on your network as well.