Old 9th April 2013, 11:53

Unhappy Can't Livestream...?

It worked fine for a LONG time. No issues. No bugs. No errors. Nothing. It was smooth sailing until the other day after I downloaded XSplit to try it out. I couldn't get used to the setup so I uninstalled it. Later, I tried opening Procaster and it froze on "Testing DirectX" so I had to force-close the program and try again - it worked smoother that time. Then, I went to try running a Livestream session and I got complaints from viewers saying that they still saw the "offline" banner on the screen. It wasn't going live, even though Procaster SEEMED to be working just fine.

What the hell is going on with this? I don't know if it was XSplit's fault, but I can't host streams anymore! I'm panicking because I don't know what to do to fix it.

Here's a screenshot of my Livestream page (along with the Procaster bar at the bottom to show you just what's happening) - http://oi49.tinypic.com/hrh53t.jpg

SPECS:
ASUS Desktop PC CM1630
Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last edited by softfang; 9th April 2013 at 11:55.
Old 13th April 2013, 18:50
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by softfang View Post
It worked fine for a LONG time. No issues. No bugs. No errors. Nothing. It was smooth sailing until the other day after I downloaded XSplit to try it out. I couldn't get used to the setup so I uninstalled it. Later, I tried opening Procaster and it froze on "Testing DirectX" so I had to force-close the program and try again - it worked smoother that time. Then, I went to try running a Livestream session and I got complaints from viewers saying that they still saw the "offline" banner on the screen. It wasn't going live, even though Procaster SEEMED to be working just fine.

What the hell is going on with this? I don't know if it was XSplit's fault, but I can't host streams anymore! I'm panicking because I don't know what to do to fix it.

Here's a screenshot of my Livestream page (along with the Procaster bar at the bottom to show you just what's happening) - http://oi49.tinypic.com/hrh53t.jpg

SPECS:
ASUS Desktop PC CM1630
Windows 7 (64-bit)
First time I'm seeing this but it's possible that the installation of XSplit corrupted the Procaster installation. Please completely uninstall Procaster using the Windows uninstall tool and reinstall it.

Tags
issue, livestream, xsplit