Old 11th July 2012, 16:08

Hi, this is going to be my first live broadcast and I was wondering if there is a way to put in already pre shot video into the livestream. I'm going to broadcast a live 48 hour shoot and I have a old Sony Digital 8 that will work for the live camera and will be on set. I want to shoot interviews of the cast and crew with my Nikon D7000 and put the footage in the channel too and add them in between the live broadcast . Will that be possible?
Old 12th July 2012, 12:00
Livestream Producer Support

48hourevent,

In addition to broadcasting live, you can cue any pre-recorded or uploaded clip in your library. Please see more in our User Guide.
Old 9th August 2012, 14:56

Question Issue with streaming games

Hi, I've been trying to stream some of the games I play for my freinds, but every time the stream shows up black on my channel, Or is in a small window and looks crappy. I see everything fine but anyone watching just sees a black screen or small window while hearing the audio only, I've tried eveything I can think of to fix this but with no sucess, I also cant get the gamecasting feature to work at all.
Old 9th August 2012, 16:44

Wyvernspur,

Which game are you playing when this occurs?
Old 21st August 2012, 03:50

Post How do I switch to the chat tab in overlay?

I am trying to start up a gaming stream where I am able to reply to people who send chat messages, however the HUD starts in the hotkeyes tab, and whenever I switch to interactive mode, my mouse in game becomes unresponsive, either not registering clicks, or not even moving (and still not registering clicks). I have tried both my touchpad and a Razer Naga Hex. Is there any way to fix this, or any other way to access the chat tab in-game? (I don't need to respond, I can use my mic to respond, but I need some way to see what is being said).
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:33

SeshiaKuchiki,

Interactive mode will make Procaster the active foreground application which is why input is no longer accepted in your game. If you want to view chat while playing the game, I would suggest playing in Windowed mode and keeping Procaster's chat window open beside the game's window.
Old 24th October 2012, 14:22

Default Livestream Producer + GoPro Hero3

Anyone tried GoPro Hero3 with Livestream Producer? This is quite expensive so before commit to buy I would like to know if live brodacasting (not playback) is possible with this setup.
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:50

Default First broadcast

Hi.

Later this month I'm hoping to stream a public debate and a final of a debate tournament.

Equipment-wise I have:

A Logitech HD Webcam C310
A Panasonic G2 with 2 different lenses.

Assorted cables.
Desktop PC (more than capable)

In terms of download/upload, I am unsure atm. I'm at home and will be streaming from my Union building. I imagine that as it is on Uni Campus it should be fine (we usually get about 90megabit/s down... not sure what up)... The uni tv station usually streams using wifi but that isn't very good, so I'm going to go wired.

Questions:

1.) Can I stream using the G2? Ideally I want to use this because it is a highly quality piece than the webcam.
2.) Just want to confirm that I can record to the HDD the stream as a video, whilst streaming to the internet.
3.) Whether I can do all this under a free account?
4.) Whether it would be worth investing in some other microphone/audio equipment rather than using on board stuff.

Cheers.
Old 13th April 2013, 15:28

CaptainGrumbles,

Please see responses below:

Quote:
1.) Can I stream using the G2? Ideally I want to use this because it is a highly quality piece than the webcam.
You will not be able to use this camera to stream without the help of an additional piece of hardware that can capture an HDMI signal. We recommend the suite of devices offerred by Black Magic Design. You can find some options here: http://store.livestream.com/collecti...aptop-encoding
Quote:
2.) Just want to confirm that I can record to the HDD the stream as a video, whilst streaming to the internet.
This is correct. When streaming with Procaster, the stream is also saved locally at the highest quality bitrate being streamed. For example, if streaming in HD+Medium+Mobile, the local recording will be HD.

Quote:
3.) Whether I can do all this under a free account?
Yes, you can do this under a free account, but it will have ads.

Quote:
4.) Whether it would be worth investing in some other microphone/audio equipment rather than using on board stuff.
Purchasing additional audio equipment can improve the quality of your broadcast, but it's really a question of what your needs are. If you require very good audio, then I would definitely recommend looking into it. If you're planning on using a webcam with external audio, this will lead to an audio-sync issue.

If possible, I would recommend renting or purchasing a DV camera that can connect to your Computer via Firewire if you're looking to produce a professional quality stream.
Old 15th April 2013, 10:22

Default I wonder if you could use a nikon d7000 to broadcast live events via internet.

I wonder if you could use a nikon d7000 to broadcast live events via internet.

Tags
amateur radio, auto pilot, broadcasting, camcorder, camera, cant view livestream, delete video, desktop, empty, ham radio, help?, interesting, internet connection, library, live, live event, mac, multi, multiple cameras, new user, newbie, picture in picture, procaster offline help, recording., screen, screen capture, screen share, setting, skype procaster, streaming, technical support, troubleshooting, video, what you hear, window