Old 24th August 2009, 06:37

Default Ban people in chat

When I ban someone in the chat box using procaster. The banned guy could come back into the chat with a different username by clearing his cookies. It's annoying to have a person spam the channel. Can you make a real permanent banning system.
Old 24th August 2009, 07:04

Agreed!!! This is a MAJOR detractor to chat on Livestream. I had my live show yesterday and the same group of idiots kept coming back and purposely causing trouble after permanent bans. I had to shut down the chat and ended up moving over to Stickam for my chat.
The Chat needs to be addressed very soon or it just cannot be used.

Examples:
12:02 LIVESTREAM ADMIN : you need to take charge of your chat room
12:03 LIVESTREAM ADMIN : were getting complaint of this chat room
12:04 tedsrapekitemporium : teds rapekit emporium doesn't recognize phoney admins
12:05 THE SPHINCTER OF GOD : JOOSE
12:06 LIVESTREAM ADMIN : im going to have to shut this chanel down
12:07 Pogo the Clown100 : i can`t get my finger out my dogs asss can you help me?
12:11 Pogo the Clown : VT IS CHILD MOLESTER SEEN HIM ON WANTED POSTER IN POST OFFICE
12:12 Pogo the Clown : VT IS GOLD STATUS MEMBER IN NAMBLA
12:13 Pastor Jack Jack : stryder is a foolis old man who thinks he is cool

These were selected chats among the group of regulars that we get. And as many times as I banned them, they came back and continued to harm the whole show.

Livestream admin was not a livestream admin either.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:21
Livestream Community Help

I'll third this. Livestream needs to be able to ban by IP address.

We need to escalate this issue. If viewers are offended they won't come back. If producers are offended they will go elsewhere. If either or both the above continue then Livestream's ad revenue will decrease.

Folks, you should contact support directly about this issue.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:08

Thumbs down I'm leaving.

I was harrassed by the same group of people. They use variations of names and unfortunately they don't show up in the chat list so that I can ban them. They even joked about that fact when I tried. Somehow they are spamming the system and I, for one, am moving my show and my audience to another channel. I run a PG show for kids and they can't be exposed to this or I will have upset parents.

Sorry, Livestream...you gotta fix this or you will lose more people.
Old 12th March 2013, 01:08

Exclamation Same problem maybe same group of people doing this

I cant believe it is 4 years later and this still isn't fixed. We have the same problem on livestream.com/globalrevolution and other occupy channels. In fact these individuals clone people and evade bans while harrassing the chat and posting abusive sexist, racist hate.

When are you going to fix this livestream? take a look at what is happening on the globalrevolution channel to see example of how broken your ban system is. People cant have chats with this system broken like this. In fact many people are turning off the chat because of this.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:32
Livestream Producer Support

Have you tried banning by IP?
Old 13th March 2013, 12:44

Thumbs down Abusive moderators...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisePDX View Post
I cant believe it is 4 years later and this still isn't fixed. We have the same problem on livestream.com/globalrevolution and other occupy channels. In fact these individuals clone people and evade bans while harrassing the chat and posting abusive sexist, racist hate.

When are you going to fix this livestream? take a look at what is happening on the globalrevolution channel to see example of how broken your ban system is. People cant have chats with this system broken like this. In fact many people are turning off the chat because of this.
RisePDX would you also mention to the Livestream members about the abusive behaviors of the moderators in Global Revolution. It is okay for you to have a political agenda, that is freedom of speech. When your moderators are using foul language against chatters that don't go along with your agenda, that makes you no better than those that you wish to silence. Your chatroom was in the high 1000's of viewers and now barely have 20 viewers. That speaks volumes. Perhaps the 1000's of other viewers have been banned. Maybe soon you will come to a point to where the moderators will only have each other to ban. Just a thought.

Tags
ban