Old 14th July 2012, 10:17

Default Unbannable spambot

Comes into our channel every day and posts the same message. Can't be permabanned, just makes a new account and resets his IP.

This wouldn't be normally be a huge problem, but now it seems he's got some kind of hack that makes him unbannable! W try to ban him and it just gives the message 'you cannot ban a chat moderator'.

To me this seems like kind of a serious issue.
Old 14th July 2012, 20:31

This has been a known issue for many, many months. There is an old thread about it in the Other Support forum with a slew of users, including myself, begging Livestream to do something about it. So far they have not addressed the issue other than to say they are "looking into it".

Livestream. You need to get this taken care of. Bots pretending to be mods is a serious security issue, not to mention extremely annoying for my viewers. If this isn't addressed soon I will be moving my channel to Ustream, Justin or Twitch.
Old 15th July 2012, 10:36

I posted this in one of the other tech support boards before I realized it was a topic here.

As far as I can tell, this is a pretty serious exploit. I wish I could say I was surprised, but that would be lying. As far as I can tell Livestream have completely stopped maintaining their old service.
Old 17th July 2012, 04:38

It's not an exploit, really, or at least nothing as serious as a security hole.

He just logs out really fast and, because of the way Livestream is set up, you cannot ban offline users. The "You cannot ban a chat moderator" is just the generic "Banning failed" message- he's not really a mod, spoofing, or anything of the sort. If you click fast enough, you can ban him. Our channel has 26 instances of this same guy in our ban list as of this posting.

Also I notice a lot of you are not clearing his messages. As long as you don't refresh the page, you can still click the "ban" by his name and clear his messages- even if he's already offline. Still really annoying, but it lessens the effectiveness of the spam and is better than resorting to log-in requirements.
Old 3rd September 2012, 03:32

At first I assumed this was a bot until some of the users in my channel got the guy to talk. The guy speaks spanish and horrible english. You can stop him for the most part if you disable facebook on your channel. He still comes around once in a blue moon but if you just ignore him and clear his msgs, eventually he'll stop coming in and spamming every 5 mins.
Old 1st March 2013, 01:58

Angry Musika unbannable!

I've been hit by this spammer three out of four times I've streamed since I got listed. I can't ban him. Why not? Why is he a 'moderator'? Fix this please!
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:52

i went through this too, never found a solution, but turns out the chat owner of our channel asked him to come on for something
Old 12th April 2013, 02:58

Angry Why MUSICA appear as moderator on my channel?

Does anyone know why users MUSIK or MUSIC4 or MUSICA appear as moderator on my channel and follow places their ads without being able to exclude him?
Old 13th June 2013, 02:31

Default Annoying

Livestream really not will do a thing about this trance user? Come on, this guy comes to my livestream daily just to annoy me!
Old 2nd August 2013, 03:53

Default Getting nasty

This spammer has gotten really nasty with me recently. Normally they show up once or twice during a stream and I just ban them, but tonight they just kept coming back again and again, at least seven times in three hours. I thought they were a russian bot and told them to bugger off- Big mistake- They came back with meaner things to say about me and my friends. I don't care, but I worry about the security of the site. I will just ignore them from now on but it would be nice if there was some permanent solution.

Tags
ban, need help, spam