Old 23rd February 2013, 07:16

Unhappy Audio Sync Issues

Hello.

I know this has probably been posted once before, but who knows; my issue may be unique.

I've recently started seeing issues with my streaming quality where the the syncing between my live audio/video and my mic audio isn't lining up.

i.e. When I stream a game I'm playing, the video and audio of the game are syncing up just fine, but for some reason when I'm commenting/talking during the stream, my voice seems to start gradually coming up too early. For instance; my sudden reaction to an event comes up a second or two BEFORE the event is shown.

I don't believe I've had this issue until recently. And this was happening before your recent update. The lag gets worse as the stream goes on, so I have to stop and restart the stream around 10-15 minute intervals just so my recordings/my viewers aren't getting too bad of a lag with my voice.

Any way to fix this?

My Comp Specs:
-Windows 7 64bit
-8 Gig RAM
-Intel Core i7
-2.80GHz

Programs and devices I'm using to help stream:
-Livestream Podcaster
-XSplit Broadcaster (to capture the screen region of Monitor)
-ArcSoft Showbiz (to Get my game on the CPU screen)
-Hauppauge! HD PVR Gaming Edition (I know you don't support it for Livestream Procaster, that's why I have the XSplit Broadcaster).

Specs of stream itself:
-900-1000 bitrate
-1280x720 res.
-44.100 KHz 16 bit stereo (audio bitrate 128000-196000)
Old 25th February 2013, 12:21
Livestream Producer Support

TimidTabby84,

What is the upload bandwidth result of a speed test run to New York, NY?

I think using Xsplit and Procaster in your workflow is a bit redundant. Procaster normally does not detect Hauppauge devices to use as a direct input, but in your workflow it seems you're capturing video through Showbiz, and screen capturing that. Try closing out of Xsplit and using Procaster in screen capture mode. If you want to stick with Xsplit, close Procaster and use Xsplit to publish directly to Livestream. Simplifying your workflow to the basics may help.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:32

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2534258971.png

I ran that test several times due to sudden drops in Connection Speed. The one here was the best out of the bunch. The lowest dropped to 3.9 for connection speed.

Keep in mind that the games I stream come from the Playstation consoles, not directly from the computer; hence why I needed a PVR. But the screen capture method you speak of on the Procaster; are you talking about the option to display what's on the computer screen or a different option? ArcSoft only allows me to display maybe a quarter size of the game hence why I need to use XSplit to capture just that portion of the screen. Is there an option on the Procaster that can do that or I am just blind, hehe.
Old 25th February 2013, 17:18

Start Procaster with 'No Camera' as the input source, which will begin capturing the entire desktop. Click the 'Zoom in' button on Procaster's HUD and you should see green crop marks which you can then drag around the portion of the screen you'd like to capture.
Old 25th February 2013, 23:43

*Slaps forehead* >___< well; I'm stupid :P

Any thoughts on my audio lag/delay issue, though?
Old 26th February 2013, 16:49

I mentioned screen capturing with Procaster in hopes that taking Xsplit out of the workflow would help with your audio issues. Have you had a chance to test this?
Old 15th March 2013, 19:40

Hello again,

So I finally got around to trying out your suggestions and...well, it "kinda worked"

I did this suggestion on both the Podcaster and XSplit Broadcaster. While the lag wasn't as bad as it was on either programs, I did however continued to have a slight lag. The game/movie's video and audio remained in-sync (which is good), but now my voice audio is perpetually a second ahead of what is shown on the screen.

I did find one interesting thing however. When I'm streaming something coming from what's on my television screen to the computer, it takes a second or two to play out on the computer monitor what happened on the TV (so there is a small delay in a way). That has normally been not an issue for me because my voice audio use to sync up fine when I reacted to what was going on on my TV first. Now I'm finding that I have to try and hold my reactions until it shows up on the computer, otherwise it will be out of sync.

(So in other words, the voice audio lag is now occur because I'm reacting at the right time when I see something on my TV, but my voice is recorded too early on the stream before what I reacted too on the TV shows up on the computer)...did that make sense?

I'd like to add one other thing in case this helps in identifying what could be causing the recent lag. My computer has been doing this odd lag/skip/buzz lately whenever I'm watching a video/movie or listening to music on my computer. It's a brief moment where the video freezes and the audio screechs, but it's happening WHY too often (almost every 3-5 mins sometimes. I have checked for viruses, made sure I didn't have too many programs running, moved or deleted any files that was taking up space, deleted Temp files on computer and Online, etc. But the issue resurfaces. Could this issue be affecting the lag in my voice audio?

Thank you for listening to my ranting btw
Old 16th March 2013, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimidTabby84 View Post
Hello again,

So I finally got around to trying out your suggestions and...well, it "kinda worked"

I did this suggestion on both the Podcaster and XSplit Broadcaster. While the lag wasn't as bad as it was on either programs, I did however continued to have a slight lag. The game/movie's video and audio remained in-sync (which is good), but now my voice audio is perpetually a second ahead of what is shown on the screen.

I did find one interesting thing however. When I'm streaming something coming from what's on my television screen to the computer, it takes a second or two to play out on the computer monitor what happened on the TV (so there is a small delay in a way). That has normally been not an issue for me because my voice audio use to sync up fine when I reacted to what was going on on my TV first. Now I'm finding that I have to try and hold my reactions until it shows up on the computer, otherwise it will be out of sync.

(So in other words, the voice audio lag is now occur because I'm reacting at the right time when I see something on my TV, but my voice is recorded too early on the stream before what I reacted too on the TV shows up on the computer)...did that make sense?

I'd like to add one other thing in case this helps in identifying what could be causing the recent lag. My computer has been doing this odd lag/skip/buzz lately whenever I'm watching a video/movie or listening to music on my computer. It's a brief moment where the video freezes and the audio screechs, but it's happening WHY too often (almost every 3-5 mins sometimes. I have checked for viruses, made sure I didn't have too many programs running, moved or deleted any files that was taking up space, deleted Temp files on computer and Online, etc. But the issue resurfaces. Could this issue be affecting the lag in my voice audio?

Thank you for listening to my ranting btw
It sounds like what you're experiencing here is a delay related to the analog to digital conversion happening on your hauppauge device. The best way to get around that is to somehow get your microphone audio from your console instead of using a microphone directly connected to your computer. If possible, hooking up a microphone to one of the audio channels (L / R) available on the device might work.
Old 14th April 2013, 00:51

That does sound like a neat idea...though I don't know if I can currently figure out how to set that up appropriately.

What I still don't get is why is this issue happening in the first place. As I stated when I first posted this help I DIDN'T HAVE THIS ISSUE BEFORE. Only until Dec-Jan did this syncing issue come up. And unfortunately none the suggestions fixed it. Again; I had no issues when I first started doing Livestreams.

Tags
audio, issues, lag, sync