Old 30th April 2009, 01:09

Unhappy Can't import videos from YouTube.

I don't know if this is a new feature, but I've been getting a lot of increased messages about the Youtube importer not working due to a Youtube age restriction or whatever. Any way we can have that disabled?
Old 30th April 2009, 11:20
Administrator

I haven't heard of this but it is more likely related to YouTube restrictions than Mogulus. What is the error message you get?

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 30th April 2009, 19:06

"Unable to download the video. Age verification may be required or this video may have been temporarily blocked or removed by YouTube."
Old 30th April 2009, 19:23

Actually, nevermind. I just clicked Retry and it encoded fine
Old 15th May 2009, 23:55

Unhappy Can't import videos from YouTube.

I think YouTube has beefed up its security to the point where I can't import videos from their site anymore.

I do the usual checklist where I input the URL and the video's title, but instead of loading like it should, it sits at 0% for several minutes before telling me that "age verification is required," even though the video doesn't require such verification, or that "YouTube has removed or blocked this video," when it's clearly still up on the site. This forces me to resort to an annoying work-around method where I have to download EVERY SINGLE VIDEO using Firefox's DownloadHelper extension and upload the individual files to Mogulus. It's a slow, tedious inconvenience.

I hope there's a way you guys can fix this problem.

Last edited by Daikun; 16th May 2009 at 00:00.
Old 18th May 2009, 00:58

UPDATE: Okay, I can import the normal quality videos again, but I'm still having trouble importing the high quality videos (&fmt=18 at the end of the URL), which is what I mainly aim for on my channels.
Old 18th May 2009, 03:32

Unhappy

I seem to be having the same issues - i get the same age verfication or it being removed from you tube. I have verified that the content that I am attempting to download is still there. And from what I understand we get 40 uploads a 24 hr period and every attempt to reload is considered 1 upload. Can some one please provide some insight into this issue as it is becoming annoying.

Thanks
Old 18th May 2009, 17:00
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by callence1 View Post
I seem to be having the same issues - i get the same age verfication or it being removed from you tube. I have verified that the content that I am attempting to download is still there. And from what I understand we get 40 uploads a 24 hr period and every attempt to reload is considered 1 upload. Can some one please provide some insight into this issue as it is becoming annoying.

Thanks
Experiencing the same problem here. The workaround is: Keep trying. Clicking on the re-import link in the failed clip, and it will eventually import. It may take a few tries, but it works.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:08
Administrator

We are looking into reports of increased failure rates particularly on YouTube imports. This may or may not be due to increased security restrictions by YouTube but we will let you know when we have more information.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 19th May 2009, 23:23

Smile

Yay! The importing works again!
Closed Thread

Tags
applet, clips, drag, failed, form, import, import from hard drive, import videos, imported, importing, java, livestream, quality, uploading, video, videos, you tube, youtube, youtube batch storyboard, youtube import, youtube importing failed