Old 30th December 2012, 14:39

Question 100% CPU usage. I don't know what to do ..

I'm sorry in advance for my english.
I have problems streaming with Procaster. My CPU is often 100% while i'm using it.

I'm on a notebook and my processor is AMD Athlon X2 QL-65, 2.1 Ghz.

I have no idea if it meets the minimum requirements for streaming. So please help me.

Last edited by ele_pucci; 31st December 2012 at 15:35.
Old 31st December 2012, 15:12
Livestream Producer Support

ele_pucci,

You can find the system requirements for Procaster here. Unfortunately your CPU will not be able to run Procaster, I would advise looking into an alternate solution to us with our platform, such as Flash Media Live Encoder.
Old 31st December 2012, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
ele_pucci,

You can find the system requirements for Procaster here. Unfortunately your CPU will not be able to run Procaster, I would advise looking into an alternate solution to us with our platform, such as Flash Media Live Encoder.
The point is, i don't know what kind of processor would be fine with it .. I read the system requirements but they're not so useful. I don't have knowledge about computers, and can't even tell which processors (AMD or Intel) are higher than Pentium Core 2 Duo, anyways.

Last edited by ele_pucci; 31st December 2012 at 15:41.
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:41
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele_pucci View Post
The point is, i don't know what kind of processor would be fine with it .. I read the system requirements but they're not so useful. I don't have knowledge about computers, and can't even tell which processors (AMD or Intel) are higher than Pentium Core 2 Duo, anyways.
Hello,

I suggest letting us know what exactly you want to accomplish, and we will give you a CPU option to help meet your needs. Let us know so we can help out.
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello,

I suggest letting us know what exactly you want to accomplish, and we will give you a CPU option to help meet your needs. Let us know so we can help out.
I'd like to stream my notebook desktop in live, while using Photoshop. i don't ask for HD video quality, even with decent/normal quality I'd be happy. Also, I'd like it not to freeze/increase the CPU usage while I'm opening more of one application, for example Photoshop + iTunes + Chrome (I am specifying this because it already was 100% even with 0 applications open ..).

I hope this informations will be useful. Let me know if you want to know something else.

Last edited by ele_pucci; 3rd January 2013 at 14:10.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:44

Quote:
I'd like to stream my notebook desktop in live, while using Photoshop. i don't ask for HD video quality, even with decent/normal quality I'd be happy. Also, I'd like it not to freeze/increase the CPU usage while I'm opening more of one application, for example Photoshop + iTunes + Chrome (I am specifying this because it already was 100% even with 0 applications open ..).

I hope this informations will be useful. Let me know if you want to know something else.
I would suggest that if you are going to use a Laptop, to get yourself one that has a Intel Core i7 quadcore cpu. This will ensure that when running multiple programs at the same time you will not max out your CPU
Old 4th January 2013, 14:08

I see. What if i were to buy a PC desktop, for example a Mac Mini? What processor should it be?
Old 4th January 2013, 14:19

Quote:
I see. What if i were to buy a PC desktop, for example a Mac Mini? What processor should it be?
If you were to purchase the Mac Mini, I would suggest getting the one with the 2.3 ghz core i7 quad core cpu.

Tags
100% cpu