Old 10th November 2012, 17:07

Default Procaster and Producer Black Screens

I'm also having extensive troubles with both procaster and producer.
Ok first, my account had somehow been converted into a new livestream account, for which I got the producers download, but in this version I had the issue of a black screen. I went back to my old account (which is thankfully still there and not permanently rewritten into the new livestream account) and still had the same issue with procaster. From my perspective, neither download is working and it is becoming incredibly frustrating because I have a lot of questions and am getting no answers. I really want this to work so I can use my livestream like I want; but with all the trouble these downloads are giving me I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth all the effort.
Old 12th November 2012, 19:32
Livestream Producer Support

MarchieMonrey,

If you're using OS X Mountain Lion, upgrade to the latest beta:

Procaster 20.3.8 (Mac)
Livestream for Producers 0.0.44

If you're not on Mountain Lion, please open a support ticket detailing the issue and your environment.
Old 15th November 2012, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
MarchieMonrey,

If you're using OS X Mountain Lion, upgrade to the latest beta:

Procaster 20.3.8 (Mac)
Livestream for Producers 0.0.44

If you're not on Mountain Lion, please open a support ticket detailing the issue and your environment.
I am on mountain Lion with the most up to date version and i'm still getting a blank desktop. Is there anything else i'm missing?
Old 15th November 2012, 13:40

ProofOfBoredom,

There are some problems with the most up to date version of Livestream for Producers which caused the black screen issue to reappear. Please uninstall and install version 0.0.44.
Old 17th November 2012, 14:41

Default Black Screen of Nothing

So I'm a Macbook Pro user. I use OS X Mountain Lion, and the latest version of Procaster (20.3). Every time I boot it up and I look for the items to stream from my desktop, I get nothing but a black screen. I've already sent a support ticket, and I'd like to know what I'm supposed to do in order to keep this from happening.
Old 19th November 2012, 11:24

TheWaywordWriter,

Install Procaster 20.3.8 to resolve your issue.
Old 28th November 2012, 16:53

Default Live Stream for Producers still black

I tried the beta app for OSX Mountain Lion and still get a black screen when I go to view desktop with it. any other suggestions, we use the feature quiet a bit on our live show.
Old 28th November 2012, 18:21

gamesdaypodcast,

Do you see the mouse pointer in the black screen? Procaster 20.3.8 should resolve this issue. Please move your current version (which you can check by going into the preferences and clicking the italic 'i' at the top right of the preferences window) to the trash, empty the trash, restart the computer and install version 20.3.8 from the link above.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:26

Default Black Screen, Only Mouse Viewable (Mac)

Hello,

I am having the issue that many are having with their mac computers, desktop or laptop. I use Livestream Procaster, and when I want viewers to view the screen, the only thing available to them is a blank black screen, with only the viewing mouse available. I have read previous complaint threads on this issue, to install certain software the tech helpers give. I have tried those, and they are not working. I experience "Login Failed" as some, and am not sure what is going on anymore. My frustration is at a wits end, so I come to make my own thread for the advice on what to download in my situation. Please help me. I would be ever so grateful.
Old 20th December 2012, 15:42

AlyCatsArt,

Please see the advice in the post above, quoted here for your convenience:

Quote:
Procaster 20.3.8 should resolve this issue. Please move your current version (which you can check by going into the preferences and clicking the italic 'i' at the top right of the preferences window) to the trash, empty the trash, restart the computer and install version 20.3.8 from the link above.

Tags
black, black screen, blank, screen capture