Old 12th March 2012, 14:26

Unhappy

As you can see this topic is pretty popular (about 6,000 views). I'm seriously thinking about moving to uStream since Livestream doesn't offer to their users an Android app to stream from their phone.

It's been a while that I'm looking at live broadcasting services, I waited to see where I should register for a paid subscription, and I've come up to the conclusion that Livestream is probably one of the best around. The procaster tool is very useful and the whole back office is wonderful.

However, this is a big rip off for me and if I have no idea when an Android app will come out, I will move to uStream.

Is there anything you can do to keep a faithful customer?

Kind regards,
BBC
Old 12th March 2012, 14:56

Well, it seems Qik.com have made your life easier. I'm staying with Livestream, but you guys seriously need to solve this.

Actually, I think you should put a sticky somewhere to tell everyone to use Qik if they are on Android as I've been looking for this for ages.

Regards,
BBC
Old 16th August 2012, 15:44

Default bump

It's been a year, bumping for continued interest.
Old 8th September 2012, 22:00

Default bump again

Im going to hav to join in with this bump fest.

Seriously, when can we expect (if even) an android app?

I know the ne html5 and html stream functions work for now, but for some, like me, he phone's browser refuses to play the stream. I have to copy the '' rtsp://mobilestr4.livestream.com/'' code and pate that into a video player that has a streamplay function.

It's really annoying, as I cannot join in with the chats and the viewing experiece isnt the best it can be.

Please make an android app. If iOS can get one, why not us?

Ciao,
Old 7th October 2012, 16:29

Location: https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamGalvanizedcom/178465272190600?ref=hl

I am here looking for info on an Android app. Where do I get it?
Old 13th October 2012, 15:48
Livestream Producer Support

GalVanized,

A Livestream app is only available for New Livestream at this time. It can be found in the Google Play store.
Old 13th October 2012, 15:58

Location: https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamGalvanizedcom/178465272190600?ref=hl

Is this an app you would download if you just wanted to watch someone on livestream? I want to be able to watch Agape Live on my Android is my ultimate quest.
Old 13th October 2012, 17:15
Livestream Producer Support

The above mentioned app will only work for broadcasting to the New Platform. Have you tried using your browser to load Agape's channel page directly? This should allow your to view on your mobile device.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:59

Default Cannot get stream to play on my androids

I have an Motorola Atrix (2.3.6) and a Pantech Burst (2.3.5) and neither one will play the one stream I am interested in. Other streams will play, but not the one I want. livestream.com/tricityministries.

On either 4g or wi-fi, the Pantech, it gives an error saying "the video cannot be played with network or content problem"

I get this with the native browser, Firefox, or Opera. These are standard AT&T Android devices (not rooted or anything like that). Any suggestions?
Old 23rd January 2013, 00:36

Default Livestream chat

Most of the streams I like to join with my Samsung Galaxy S2 work.. so I won't complain here about the video streams. My downer is the chat.. because why does the livestream chat still depend on Flash? Yes, I'm aware, Facebook and Twitter chat is also availible.. but unfortunately most people use the basic standard chat - and that one is not availible. Any plans to change this one to be HTML5 based soon?
Closed Thread

Tags
android, app