Old 29th August 2008, 14:04

Default Flash Media Encoder

Hey,

I would like to use Flash media encoder because of the increased quality settings and i am using a firewire video camera. The problem is that when using it the stream becomes really out of sync (1-2 minutes after 10 min) and the audio stops are starts every 6-10 seconds.

Is this a bandwidth problem on my end?

What settings do you recommend. My upload speed is 442Kb/s

Thanks,

Jonny
Old 29th August 2008, 14:22
Administrator

Hi Jonny,

442kbps upstream is pretty low, what bitrate are you encoding at? You will want to make sure you have a couple hundred k free above the encoding bitrate - so if you're encoding at 500kbps you should ideally have 700k or more upstream.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyThirkill View Post
Hey,

I would like to use Flash media encoder because of the increased quality settings and i am using a firewire video camera. The problem is that when using it the stream becomes really out of sync (1-2 minutes after 10 min) and the audio stops are starts every 6-10 seconds.

Is this a bandwidth problem on my end?

What settings do you recommend. My upload speed is 442Kb/s

Thanks,

Jonny
Old 1st September 2008, 09:09

confirmed my suspicions. I need to upgrade my broadband connection. Unfortunate that ADSL2 is not in my area until Jan 2009 so i can't get faster.
Old 3rd September 2008, 00:42

Exclamation FME disconnect problem

I have had a problem when broadcasting with FME and I don't know if it's just me, or if this is happening to others... and if it is... is there a fix? My problem is that the FME broadcast drops, and the camera disappears from the CAMERAS tab in mogulus studio... however, when I look at the FME, it is still connected and broadcasting... so somehow, mogulus drops the broadcast, but the FME appears to still be connected to the server... any idea? help? suggestion? switch to justin.tv? or ustream.tv?... anything?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
Hi Jonny,

442kbps upstream is pretty low, what bitrate are you encoding at? You will want to make sure you have a couple hundred k free above the encoding bitrate - so if you're encoding at 500kbps you should ideally have 700k or more upstream.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

442 low? ...

Hi... if he has problems at 442... more problems at higher bitrate then ...

Not problems with any free streaming video providers at 280 ... 300... or up to 400 kbits ...
no lagg... good quality and frame rate at even 640 x 480 ... so... why problems on Mogulus at that "low" bitrate? ...

thanks!

AE
Old 4th September 2008, 19:02
Administrator

I'm not understanding your question. To clarify my response, my point is only that you will want to have more available bandwidth than your encoding bitrate. If you want to stream at high quality from Mogulus Studio you should have more than 442kbps upstream to do so.
Old 5th September 2008, 00:53

Question

Hi everyone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyThirkill View Post
Hey,

Do they make you download and install the Flash Media Encoder here (I know of another site that requires this)? How'd you get it installed? It won't even install on my machine. It says I have to have Adobe Flash Server, but even if I download and install the server, the encoder still desn't recognize it.

Not to hijack the thread here, but I'm curious as this will have an impact as to whether I have a channel here or not.

Cheers

Pat Cook
Denver, CO

Tags
encoder, flash, lag, media, sound