Old 12th August 2012, 16:14
Livestream Producer Support

Tabikat,

Please provide a screenshot of your Procaster audio mixer and your Windows sound mixer so I can get a better idea of what could be causing the issue.
Old 26th August 2012, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Tabikat,

Please provide a screenshot of your Procaster audio mixer and your Windows sound mixer so I can get a better idea of what could be causing the issue.
Here are the screenshots. The first is the Procaster (which it does try to give me an update but after updating it then errors out saying "Update failed to start". This is recent however as it didn't do this the last time.)

The second is my audio controls for my computer. I've switched between in the internal recording devices and used two plug in devices for recording (a microphone and a headset.) It reads on the screen and I can hear it through the speakers while I'm recording however when I play back the video (both on the livestream website and on my WMP) there is no sound.
Attached Images
File Type: png procasteraudio.png (77.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: png IDTaudio.png (94.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 28th August 2012, 13:07

Tabikat,

Your master audio is muted. Click the speaker icon at the bottom of the audio levels on the right hand side of the mixer. After clicking it, you'll see sound waves appear on the icon, indicated that it is no longer muted.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:53
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabikat View Post
Here are the screenshots. The first is the Procaster (which it does try to give me an update but after updating it then errors out saying "Update failed to start". This is recent however as it didn't do this the last time.)

The second is my audio controls for my computer. I've switched between in the internal recording devices and used two plug in devices for recording (a microphone and a headset.) It reads on the screen and I can hear it through the speakers while I'm recording however when I play back the video (both on the livestream website and on my WMP) there is no sound.
For your update issues, please download the latest beta of Procaster. You can find this by visiting http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9688
Old 1st April 2013, 03:12

Unhappy How do I turn off my Mic?

Hello I'm new to this, but I need help. I'm running Windows XP and I can't figure out how to only have in-computer sounds, as in audio from dvds or other media playing on my laptop. I don't want people to hear me speak. Both audio source options in the Audio Mixer seem to pick up the microphone. What do I do?
Old 13th April 2013, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRebirth37 View Post
Hello I'm new to this, but I need help. I'm running Windows XP and I can't figure out how to only have in-computer sounds, as in audio from dvds or other media playing on my laptop. I don't want people to hear me speak. Both audio source options in the Audio Mixer seem to pick up the microphone. What do I do?
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. The issue you are referring to is likely due to a missing features in Windows XP. The audio mixer works great in Windows Vista & 7 due to the built in audio mixing capabilities of the OS but this is not the same in XP. To properly user desktop audio from XP, you'll need to download an additional piece of software, such as Virtual Audio Cables, which will allow you to create virtual audio sources you may then select in Procaster's audio mixer.
Old 30th July 2013, 02:26

Question I just discovered this and it's 3 years since the last post! >.<

I've been reading the posts and agree that the audio works on Vista. However, I'm using the XP right now and the responses I get from the viewers are "only static. Must be louder to get a faint hint of what the music sounds like." The speakers work and the headphones work, and through the headphones I can sometimes hear static. Has there been a fix yet?

Tags
audio, audio capture desktop, build-in audio, built-in audio, desktop, desktop stream, input, mic, microphone, mixer, no sound, output, problem, procaster, procaster audio music, sound, sound audio issue help xp, speakers, suggestion, turn off, windows xp