Old 20th August 2012, 06:39

Default Source Engine games

I have tested several Source Engine Games with the latest Procaster version.

All except Portal 2 (L4D 1&2 only working sometimes) are not working with the Procaster.
Is there anything you can do to get this working?
Old 20th August 2012, 10:24
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface39 View Post
I have tested several Source Engine Games with the latest Procaster version.

All except Portal 2 (L4D 1&2 only working sometimes) are not working with the Procaster.
Is there anything you can do to get this working?
Hello,

We are aware of some Valve Source Engine games not working with procaster. There was an update a few weeks ago from Valve that changed how some games hook with procaster. The team is aware of it, and is working on a fix. When we have a fix, we will first post it to the forms as a beta. The team is working as fast as possible to correct this issue.
Old 20th August 2012, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucifer View Post
Hi Again -

I upgraded to the new beta version and still cannot get MLB2K12 to stream correctly.

Scenario A - Game Mode
Procaster is running when I launch the game, it will begin loading the game, but then freeze during all the login processes and become unusable.

Scenario B - Desktop Mode
Streaming is working, but on the LiveStream site when watching the stream it is choppy and unable to view properly.

Scenario C - Desktop Mode then Game Mode
Start the game streaming in Desktop Mode and then switch to Game mode and restart streaming. Stream will work for a minute or so and then the controls on the controller become non-responsive except the Start/Pause button and then the game is unresponsive overall.

I'd like to work with someone on this issue to try and figure out what the issue might be. I have a friend who can stream ok in desktop mode. The only difference would be that I am using multiple monitors - could this be contributing to the issue?
Hello stucifer,

Are you using the latest beta (20.3.8) to play with? If you are, could you try the Attach a game feature by pressing "Ctrl+F2" while the game is loaded in game mode, and see if this helps with hooking the game.
Old 20th August 2012, 14:37

Game: Darksiders 2
Is it supported by procaster: works, CTRL+ALT+SCR LK to goto interactive mode messes up the mouse for the game and no longer works until both are closed and re-opened. Procaster also likes to go from 5% CPU usage to 80% (may be a separate issue)
Old 20th August 2012, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsh24x7 View Post
Game: Darksiders 2
Is it supported by procaster: works, CTRL+ALT+SCR LK to goto interactive mode messes up the mouse for the game and no longer works until both are closed and re-opened. Procaster also likes to go from 5% CPU usage to 80% (may be a separate issue)
Hello,

When you are going into interactive mode, are you hitting CTRL+ALT+SCR LK to exit out of interactive mode to get back to normal game functionality?
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:29

Would like to see support for Guild Wars 2, I have to stream my desktop to play it. It does not currently support GW2, I am sure you've seen someone ask this already, I am just another person asking
Old 25th August 2012, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello stucifer,

Are you using the latest beta (20.3.8) to play with? If you are, could you try the Attach a game feature by pressing "Ctrl+F2" while the game is loaded in game mode, and see if this helps with hooking the game.
Thanks, I will try that.
Old 27th August 2012, 20:24

I'm having trouble streaming Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for the PC in game mode (I'm guessing it doesn't "support" the game but I have no idea if there's a list somewhere or if it simply refers to the game running in DirectX or OpenGL). Procaster's overlay won't show up and pressing Ctrl+F1 brings up the message box saying to open DirectX or OpenGL game. Dark Souls does use DirectX, and I've tried it with and without the high resolution mod by Durante. I've tried using Ctrl+F2 but that won't work either. I've followed the steps in the FAQ, making sure to run Procaster first, having it set in game mode, then starting Dark souls, then hitting CTRL+F1, then starting over except also hitting CTRL+F2 before hitting CTRL+F1, both times with the game having focus. I've restarted my computer several times while experimenting to see if that would help, but I've had no luck.

Dark Souls uses both DARKSOULS.EXE and DATA.EXE to run the game, I think this might be confusing Procaster. Anyone have any luck recording this in game mode?
Old 28th August 2012, 16:10

Hello Everyone,

There is a new procaster beta available.
Version 20.3.10
Release Notes:
-Fixed block game hotkeys in interactive game mode
-Fixed functionality with following games:
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Garry's Mod
Day of Defeat: Source
Team Fortress 2
Dota 2 Beta

*Note: These Games do not stop broadcasting when you exit the game. To stop broadcasting with these games, use the "SHIFT+ESC" hotkey to end your broadcast then close your game

for download, please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9688
Old 28th August 2012, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello,

When you are going into interactive mode, are you hitting CTRL+ALT+SCR LK to exit out of interactive mode to get back to normal game functionality?
Hello,

We just posted a new beta that has a fix for this issue. For more information, please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9688

Tags
bug, bug age empires game mode, capture game, channel settings, dead, dolphin, dota, drop, emulator, fps, game crash, game mode, games, gaming, guild wars 2, leage of legends, league of legends, live, pc games, problem, procaster, project64, recording, resolution, screen, space, steam, stream, support, wii