Old 14th May 2012, 20:05

Question Procaster won't close correctly then my recording is broke

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I was using Procaster at the end of the streaming when I try to stop the streaming/recording... the Procaster hangs out, I couldn't finished the recording as usual, never asked me for the name, so I had to kill the process.

But in the folder appears the recording and have weight (Livestream Procaster-20120513-110236_446.mp4) (269.5 MB) but I can't play the file.

Anyone knows how can I repair the .mp4 file?

Thanks
Alex M
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-05-14 at 6.04.21 PM.png (19.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 26th May 2012, 13:07

Default Broken File

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx_mendoza View Post
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I was using Procaster at the end of the streaming when I try to stop the streaming/recording... the Procaster hangs out, I couldn't finished the recording as usual, never asked me for the name, so I had to kill the process.

But in the folder appears the recording and have weight (Livestream Procaster-20120513-110236_446.mp4) (269.5 MB) but I can't play the file.

Anyone knows how can I repair the .mp4 file?

Thanks
Alex M

I had the same problem yesterday. Any sugestions?
Old 29th May 2012, 11:43
Livestream Producer Support

alx_mendoza - If Procaster isn't shutting down properly and you're manually killing the program it will likely result in a corrupt file.

raiz_forte - I believe you said in another post your recording is now in your library.
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:34

Default my live recording has broken

I had the same problem yesterday. Any sugestions?, My file name is "Procaster-20120802-180619"
Old 4th March 2013, 09:05

Default there is a way... but does livestream provide software for this?

i found these guys on the net and sent them my corrupted file (1,36 Gb) and they sent me a sample of a part they recovered, stating they wcan fix the whole file but it costs like 250 US Dollars :/

http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/procaster

So that means that there is a way to recover the files, please lifestream, can't you make a little support app for that?

cheerio,
Ben.
Old 5th March 2013, 17:25
Livestream Producer Support

shebang,

Interesting! I'll pass this along to dev for consideration. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 27th March 2013, 01:53

Lightbulb The solution does works but it costs

I just used the aeroquartet site listed above to repair a .mp4 file that wouldn't play after procaster crashed at the end of a live stream (1.85GB).

I had to pay a fee, but I needed the video for a project. If Livestream can't provide a fix as quickly and effectively as this company then those guys should be brought in as LiveStream consultants ASAP.

I can only pay for so many repairs before it will be time to find a Livestream alternative.

Aside from that I love the service and at least I have a reliable solution for retrieving the video.
Old 27th March 2013, 23:08

Default Another recovery option

Another company, Digital Rebellion (http://www.digitalrebellion.com) sells software that can repair the unplayable quicktime files you are left with when procaster quits unexpectedly or crashes.

The software costs $139. I'm running a MacBook pro with OSX 10.8.3. If you are going to be streaming files you know you will need recorded, make the investment, at least until LiveStream offers up a legitimate fix.

Tags
corrupt, crash, hang, mp4, procaster