Old 29th July 2012, 00:16

Exclamation Broken commercials?

I've noticed that a few specific commercials (Namely the Virgin mobile one a while back and the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III one) are insanely laggy. I don't begrudge Livestream advertising, in fact I make sure that there's no adblocking. I'm quick with muting to avoid the pain of hearing it stutter every third of a second, and only slightly begrudge about a 30 second ad taking a full minute due to lag. Heck, I even am somewhat amused by the unfortunate implications that Virgin, Samsung, and/or T-mobile are laggy and unfit for internet usage.

However, it does have the unfortunate side effect that those commercials never report being done, and as a result, the stream is muted with no controls visible (no volume, no pause, etc) so I have to reload the page and hope that there's a different commercial. I am quite sure that this is something specific, as this happens ONLY with those commercials (Other commercials stream fine and suffer no lag at the point where the aforementioned ones start to stutter), and happens on both my (MacBook Pro, 10.6, using Stainless) and my wife's (PC tower, Windows XP, using Firefox) computers.

Are all y'all aware of this?
Old 29th July 2012, 14:32
Livestream Producer Support

NightGuardMod,

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't noticed this, nor have we received any other reports of these ads being problematic, however I will keep an eye open and escalate accordingly if I'm able to reproduce the issue.

Also, please be sure you have the latest version of Flash installed and have disabled any ad blockers that could be interfering.

Tags
advertising, commercials, t-mobile, virgin