Old 1st July 2012, 19:29

Default I can't install Procaster

I have downloaded and installed procaster on my laptop, but i can download but can't install it on my pc. Is there a reason to why i can't install it? My pc is a Sony electronics Vaio computer. Please help because i would like to stream things on my pc.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:32
Livestream Producer Support

crazyjay485,

Please provide some more information, including any error messages received when installing and the full specs of the computer the installation is failing on.
Old 4th July 2012, 23:19

Well, i didn't get a message when downloading it, it just simply didn't show up after i clicked install.I don't know what kind of specs you're looking for, but I found all of the computer specs and it's a really long list. Is there some part of it that you want or just all?

This is a part of it that i think is important/

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/4/2012, 23:14:46
Machine name: ZAKIA-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VGC-JS240J
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4030MB RAM
Page File: 2894MB used, 5359MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode
Old 5th July 2012, 12:52

crazyjay485,

Please try installing the latest beta version, Procaster 20.3.4 and let me know if this resolves the issue.
Old 5th July 2012, 15:21

I have tried 3 times and it downloaded, but wouldn't install. I've ran it as administrator and it still wouldn't install as well.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:29

i have the same problem D:
Old 16th July 2012, 13:31

Please try installing the latest beta version, Procaster 20.3.4 as an administrator. If this doesn't work, please create a new Windows login ID and attempt installing Procaster 20.3.4 as administrator again.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:27

Lightbulb Same here

Windows 7 64bit
Livestream Procaster 20.3.4 32bit

I run the installer, but when it reaches the actual installing part, it halts and notifies me that the program doesn't have sufficient privelages, and I should run it as administrator or log in as administrator.

The thing is, my account is administrator. Even running the installer as admin doesn't work.

In that message, it appears to be having issues with writing files in the startmenu folders.

+pic attached

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 20th July 2012, 11:31
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Simba View Post
Windows 7 64bit
Livestream Procaster 20.3.4 32bit

I run the installer, but when it reaches the actual installing part, it halts and notifies me that the program doesn't have sufficient privelages, and I should run it as administrator or log in as administrator.

The thing is, my account is administrator. Even running the installer as admin doesn't work.

In that message, it appears to be having issues with writing files in the startmenu folders.

+pic attached

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hello,

If you can, please try to install with the latest beta version of Procaster. This version includes various fixes for installs. Please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9688 for more information and download. Let us know if this helps.
Old 20th July 2012, 20:05

Lightbulb Found a possible solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello,

If you can, please try to install with the latest beta version of Procaster. This version includes various fixes for installs. Please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9688 for more information and download. Let us know if this helps.
Hi, and thanks,

But I think I found a solution. I think this might work for everybody. (If their profile has admin privileges but still doesn't work, or if they get a general error like in the pic I posted.)

Open 'My Computer' and on your windows drive (usually C) 'right-click' on 'ProgramData' and in the dropdown menu, click 'Take ownership'.

After doing this, I could install Livestream Procaster, 20.3.0, 20.3.4, and 20.3.7beta all installed/worked now.