Old 4th July 2012, 20:01

Default Procaster cannot connect to server

I've never really had any problems with Procaster in the long time that I've used it, however I've come up with a problem recently.
There was a long length of time between me streaming a game, maybe a week or two until Monday when I wanted to stream again. I booted up Procaster and it automatically logged me in as it should, but this time it didn't at all. It came up with this instead:

I've never gotten this error before, so I'm sort of confused with what might have caused this. The only things I've done in the space of time between my last stream and then was install some games and enabled firewall, but that had been disabled at the time I was trying to login to Procaster. I use Peerblock but I always make sure to shut it down when I don't need it anymore.
I of course just tried to log myself in manually, but that did nothing either. I restarted my computer. Nothing. I reinstalled Procaster (twice). Nothing. I know the problem can't be the firewall, as I always have that disabled because it never really helps and just gets in the way of gaming, and it can't be an antivirus because I don't have one installed currently, and I also have UAC disabled. I don't want to leave Procaster because I've already tried another streaming program (Xsplit) and it just paled in comparison to Procaster.
Here's the dxdiag info if it would help at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 5th July 2012, 13:59
Livestream Producer Support

Piyokopyo,

Please try using the latest beta, Procaster 20.3.4 to get around this issue.
Old 5th July 2012, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Piyokopyo,

Please try using the latest beta, Procaster 20.3.4 to get around this issue.
For some strange unknown reason that I'll never figure out, that actually worked. I'm no tech wizard but it seems strange to me that just switching to a beta would fix an issue like that, but thanks anyway.