Old 29th June 2012, 23:32

Question Video Library empty but Videos visible in Studio?

I am new to Livestream, and due to limited CPU power have broadcast two shows successfully using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and Manycam.

After these shows, no recordings of them appeared at the bottom of my Livestream Channel page in the 'Video Library' box. I assumed this was because I was not using Procaster.

I went ahead and tried using Procaster again, and it promptly choked my (admittedly weak) system. After rebooting, I went in to remove the video recording from the video library of this short-duration catastrophe (since it DID appear on my channel at the bottom).

Upon arriving at the Livestream Studio page, I found ALL of my previous stream efforts had been recorded, amounting to several hours of streamed A/V!!!

How can I make these recorded videos (which are present in the Livestream Studio!) appear in my Video Library on my Channel page? If possible I would like to avoid upload/download of each video every time I do a stream. That's obviously A workaround and just as obviously NOT a preferred workaround.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I tried to download the multi-hour video from yesterday, but it errored out with 'unable to Download Video' and now is showing a blank grey box where the duration of the video used to be visible in Livestream Studio! This makes the download and reupload solution impossible.

Help?!

Last edited by Shunkawarakin; 29th June 2012 at 23:35. Reason: Updated error condition.
Old 1st July 2012, 08:57

Unhappy

Apparently Livestream has "solved" this problem by deleting the recordings without sending me any sort of a message.

This is an unpleasant customer 'service'.

I would LIKE to know how to prevent this happening in future, and why SOME of my streams recorded okay and others did NOT.

That is information which might be just slightly useful to a user of your service.

Tags
livestream studio, missing videos, video library