Old 24th April 2012, 15:54

Default HD Multi-Bitrate in Flash Media Encoder 3.2

Hi. My question in title. So i want to make live broadcasting with 2 qualities or 3 qualities, for that people who had bad conection to internet can choose poor quality and watch without laggs. I am encoding since Flash Media Encoder 3.2. I Can choose same time 3 bitrates with the parameter %i in the Stream, but in the client player the switch option does not appear, do we need specified a special in the FMS URL?
Old 24th April 2012, 16:31
Livestream Producer Support

telmextransmisiones,

At this time, multi-bit rate streaming can only be done with Procaster or a Tricaster with the Procaster plugin. FMLE 3.2 cannot be used to stream mutliple bit rates to your Livestream channel.
Old 5th June 2012, 00:49

Hi, is it still the case as of today?
Old 6th June 2012, 18:49
Livestream Producer Support

Yes, only Procaster and the Procaster plugin on the Newtek Tricaster would allow you to offer multi bitrate encoding on Original Livestream at this time.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 10th June 2012, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Yes, only Procaster and the Procaster plugin on the Newtek Tricaster would allow you to offer multi bitrate encoding on Original Livestream at this time.

Matt
Livestream Support
Are you going to be working with your partners - like Telestream, for instance - to produce this plug-in for the likes of Wirecast and such?
Old 7th July 2012, 22:40
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapourtrailstv View Post
Are you going to be working with your partners - like Telestream, for instance - to produce this plug-in for the likes of Wirecast and such?
Inquiring minds would like to know. Many people would like to use Wirecast with New Livestream for example or otherwise take advantage of sending multiple bit rates to a single channel that Livestream would detect.
Old 9th August 2012, 13:47

Default Tricaster Plugin EPIC FAIL

As they mention the only way to do MBR right now is to use the Procaster software or plugin on the Tricaster. I have had this fail on every single outing. I have gone so far as to purchase a HD Portable system from Livestream just so I can take the program out feed from the Tricaster to send to the encoding system to stream MBR. While this is not always an options for everyone its what I had to do to be able to have the functionality of the Tricaster and stream MBR.
Old 14th August 2012, 15:00

Default Good to Know, Livestream Are You Working On This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswann View Post
As they mention the only way to do MBR right now is to use the Procaster software or plugin on the Tricaster. I have had this fail on every single outing. I have gone so far as to purchase a HD Portable system from Livestream just so I can take the program out feed from the Tricaster to send to the encoding system to stream MBR. While this is not always an options for everyone its what I had to do to be able to have the functionality of the Tricaster and stream MBR.
I am in the market for a Tricaster, assuming the Procaster plugin for this system will provide solutions to a number of issues, one being MBR. I currently run a MacBook Pro with 2.66Ghz i7 and 8Gbs Ram with Procaster and can't get Procaster or the Mac to stream over 800Kbps without Procaster crashing. When using this Mac as the encoder Procaster is the only application running on the system. Its been hard to imagine the Tricaster can handle this kind of load better than dedicated CPU, while providing the live switching interface. That's just a lot of work for a single machine.

What are you streaming at now after adding the 5K worth of encoding hardware?

Last edited by scadelearning; 14th August 2012 at 15:03.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:38

We can stream at any level with the Livestream system. We have succesfully done an HD/High/Med/Mobile stream. Took on average less than 50% of the system resources. This is the only way we have succesfully had MBR work with Livestream. Just Tuesday we did a stream with High/Med/Mobile and had no issues other than with the venue network going down. One thing to note is you can continue to record the input with Procaster even while the network is down. Once it comes back up it will start the stream again. This was a venue network issue as the entire system went down including Wifi. I just took the recording and uploaded it to the Studio and deleted the other "Streamed" copies that were stored in the Studio and put that in OnDemand and it works great.
Old 5th October 2012, 14:45

Default Question for bswann

Hi bswann, can you share how you have succesfully done an HD/High/Med/Mobile stream?
Thanks!

Tags
multibitrate flash media