Old 3rd June 2012, 15:00

Default Broadcaster Update?

Hello all. I'm new to this but no stranger to using video for personal use. I've been approached by my local town to stream some live events and was curious as to what the status is of the Livestream Broadcaster?

As I understand it, Livestream doesn't make this unit in-house but rather has someone else making it thus the delay? It was May 31st, then June 15th now the end of June?

The price is right and rather than using up processing power on my MBP I like the idea of having the encoding done at the hardware level. I need to be very portable so a full production board is too complex. This will be a single camera / audio type operation.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 3rd June 2012, 15:30

Ordered 3 weeks ago, received this email few days ago...

Due to a delay from the red enclosure manufacturer, shipping of the Livestream Broadcaster has been slightly delayed. The new projected shipping date is set to begin June 20th.
We will be processing the orders as they were received and expect for all of the units to ship by June 25th. Once your Livestream Broadcaster has shipped you will receive an email confirming shipment with a tracking number.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause - if you had a pressing need for the broadcaster for a future event and no longer wish to purchase, we will gladly provide a full refund and/or help you find another encoding solution. Please email broadcaster@livestream.com for refunds, support or any additional concerns.
The Livestream Team

In your case if you pre order now you might have to wait even longer.
Old 4th June 2012, 14:11

Cool thanks for getting back to me so quick.

Now that this is delayed, I'm on the hunt for something similar. Lots of usual suspects out there. Came across one called the StreamEez from Hauppauge that sounds the same, but same deal its not out yet.

Sucks that you get all amped up about this stuff and start talking to gigs and then the companies drop the ball on getting the product to market.

Waiting.