Old 24th April 2012, 16:54

Default Latest HTC Flyer Android update crashes livestream

Hey!

So I'm using my HTC Flyer P510e sometimes to watch some Livestream channels, and it has always worked perfectly before, I could watch and chat with no issue. I have been using the tablets own Internet app, in other words, not some I have downloaded myself, but the one that was already existing.

Then there was this Android update and now, everytime I try to open a live stream channel, it just closes on me. It loads the page to what seems like 95% then "crash", down it goes, and reverts me back to the widget page.

I'm currently having Android 3.2 installed, honeycomb I believe it's called, but I'm unsure what version i had before these crashes started to happen, all I know is that this update brought some major interface changes, so I'm guessing it was the 2.3 Gingerbread, but unsure so I'll just leave that open.

What I'm mostly after is gaining access to the channels livestream chat, because when I use Firefox/Dolphin as the web browser, the stream is working, but it only allows Fb/Twitter chat, which is not the ones I want to use.

I know of rooting but that should really be of a last resort, after all, the update is quite nice and besides the livestream crashing I find it only to be positive.

So now I'm wondering if anyone know a way to fix this? If there even exist one that is.
Old 24th April 2012, 17:45
Livestream Producer Support

Khorogh,

We do not have an HTC Flyer P510e to test with, however I used a Motorola Xoom running Android 3.2.1 and the native browser did not crash.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Khorogh,

We do not have an HTC Flyer P510e to test with, however I used a Motorola Xoom running Android 3.2.1 and the native browser did not crash.
So any idea what may cause it or how to fix it? I did a factory reset, considering that perhaps some installed app was conflicting it or whatever, but that didn't help at all either.
Old 9th May 2012, 22:03

Ok so no one seem to have an answe to this , but does anyone know someplace else I can turn to for help?

Being able to participate in the Luvestream chat is one of the reasons I even got this thing so not being able to do it is quite the loss to me.
Old 10th May 2012, 03:50

Default no chat/stream either

hi, i'm a streamer and having the same problems with my new acer droid a501 tablet. i'm using ustream for original feed for now, as i can't access livestream feed or chat on my tablet. i am being mirrored on the large ows livestream broadcast channels and will need to answer questions and get feedback as i stream. i can get to studio, but that is it. i'm definitely not technically inclined, and will be filming the m12 barcelona protests on saturday, is there a fix you can recommend that i can use? please, if you have any suggestions, reply back asap - i'm getting desperate...thanks.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:28

Could you confirm which channels are crashing so we can attempt to replicate the issue?
Old 10th May 2012, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Could you confirm which channels are crashing so we can attempt to replicate the issue?
Well it's essentially any stream as I've tried several random ones and none work but this is the channel I want to work:

http://www.livestream.com/thebronynetwork_

Then there's my own:

http://www.livestream.com/khoroghgamingchannel?t=301124

And a friends:

http://www.livestream.com/nathanvexplosionvplays

Like I said, neither of these works.

Last edited by khorogh; 10th May 2012 at 22:11.
Old 21st May 2012, 20:58

So IS this something being looked into or not?
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:10

khorogh,

Have you tried viewing the web version of these pages as opposed to the mobile versions? Also, have you tried viewing using any 3rd party browsers instead of the built-in browser?

Tags
android, crash, flyer, htc, livestream channel