Old 30th April 2012, 18:40

Angry Procaster Crashes Computer

I work with Photoshop CS5 for artwork and listen to iTunes while working. Often I'll have firefox open to check references, but...

If I close Firefox to run Photoshop CS5, iTunes, and Procaster, inevitably my system crashes. This has been the case for many months- not just recently. My computer doesn't have an issue with other programs I run simultaneously, only Procaster. I have the latest version of Procaster and updated PS and iTunes. However, when I run those three programs I almost always get the message from Windows that Procaster is chewing up my CPU- resulting in high CPU usage, then a crash shortly thereafter. It's getting old and I feel like I can't stream for my clients because of this.

Is this a common issue with the aforementioned programs when run in conjunction with Procaster?

If it helps, I'm also using the Wacom intuos4 medium tablet, but under my task manager it shows its CPU usage to be very minimal if at all registering.
Old 1st May 2012, 10:00
Livestream Producer Support

SilverFoxArt13,

Please assure you are using the latest beta version of Procaster, located at the following URL: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9146

Additionally, please list the following information:

CPU, RAM
Operating System
Any Hardware (Camera, capture card, etc) and how it's connected
Old 14th May 2012, 19:49

I am running the latest version and for streaming have a lower quality set to require less CPU usage.

My CPU with Photoshop and iTunes is around 30-40 % and skyrockets to over 90-100% when running procaster.
I have 4GB of RAM and physical memory.
Windows 7 OS
The hardware I use includes the Wacom Intuos4 medium tablet (with minimal to no noticeable cpu usage) plugged into a back usb port.
Old 15th May 2012, 10:24
Livestream Producer Support

Please provide your CPU speed. For reference, have a look at our minimum and recommended specs: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...r_Broadcasting

Tags
crash, photoshop cs5, procaster, windows7