Old 13th May 2012, 11:59

Exclamation New Update Causing Issues

When I downloaded the newest update for the Livestream Procaster, big mistake.

First off, before the update I would keep the chat box up so I can see what my viewers need to say when I have the internet browser or a game open. Before the update, it would stay put on the screen in front of any window I have open, but now when I click on ANYTHING BUT the chat box, it goes away as if it's a separate window. Even after reverting back to older versions, it still does that. Why? Which version keeps the chat box from going away when I click things??

And when I hosted a 3 hour long stream last night, I had way more connection problems. Then when I saved it to my channel, there were at least 7 videos all chopped up from those 3 hours. Before the update, Livestream was capable of posting over an hour long videos. And from the looks of it, I lost a lot of footage. I am so upset about this, what a fatal flaw.

Please help me! I want things to go back to the way they were.
Old 13th May 2012, 12:09
Livestream Producer Support

Clawshawt,

The latest version of Procaster will have an 'Always on top' option that can be enabled in the Desktop tab of the Procaster preferences. This option is disabled by default, so please be sure to enable it. Additionally, Procaster should not be the cause of any connection issues. What bit rate are you streaming at? Also, please include a screen shot of a speed test run at newyork.speedtest.net
Old 13th May 2012, 12:26

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Clawshawt,

The latest version of Procaster will have an 'Always on top' option that can be enabled in the Desktop tab of the Procaster preferences. This option is disabled by default, so please be sure to enable it. Additionally, Procaster should not be the cause of any connection issues. What bit rate are you streaming at? Also, please include a screen shot of a speed test run at newyork.speedtest.net
Ok but before the update, my chat box stayed put just fine. Everything was fine. After the update, i reverted to the 20.2.69 version of Procaster and the chat box did stay put. BUT it was black, i couldn't see anyone chatting!

So now I have the 20.2 version, the chat box goes away, but so far it's saving my videos without any issues.

Also, I have noticed that in my library, there are blank videos that may be the missing footage. There's nothing I can do with these files. I have print screened it. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i8ep75&s=6

And I believe I am streaming with normal quality.

Last edited by Clawshawt; 13th May 2012 at 13:04.
Old 13th May 2012, 14:26

Angry

All right, I reinstalled the 20.2.69 version and it's behaving properly like it did when i first downloaded procaster to my laptop.

Only one more problem... I tested it to see if it can record and save an hour long stream. And it doesn't. I save the video and it only posts it in segments no longer than 40 minutes. You can clearly see that I have successfully saved a 2 hour long video in the past.

Why is it having these issues?!

I don't have any other apps open, I am recording normal quality, why in the heck is it not saving every bit of my stream like it used to?? How can I save my long streams without missing chunks of the video??!

SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER ME!!

Last edited by Clawshawt; 13th May 2012 at 14:30.
Old 14th May 2012, 01:46

Default Speed Test

I did a speed test in case you need to know:

Ping: 33 ms
Download Speed: 14.22 Mbps
Upload Speed: 2.98 Mbps
Old 14th May 2012, 16:30
Livestream Producer Support

Clawshawt,

The new storyboards are being created because Procaster is disconnecting from our servers. This would be related to a connection problem, not Procaster. If you are streaming via WiFi I suggest switching over to a hard-wired connection.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 15th May 2012, 00:21

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Clawshawt,

The new storyboards are being created because Procaster is disconnecting from our servers. This would be related to a connection problem, not Procaster. If you are streaming via WiFi I suggest switching over to a hard-wired connection.

Matt
Livestream Support
Thank you so much for your response. But I still don't understand why I was still capable to have hours of videos saved even with just my wireless connection.

I can't get a hard wired connection, the router and modem etc. are set up in my friend's room and I can't invade their space.

I even made sure that nothing else in the background was running, and I only had one tab open on the internet browser. What else could be slowing down the connection??

Do you have anymore ideas? Please give me all you've got, I'm willing to try anything.

Tags
chat box problems, update problems