Old 6th May 2012, 21:04

Default Link Facebook and Twitter share to custom page

Instead of linking to our Livestream channel page in the Facebook and Twitter share options, I'd like to use a URL on our website instead (where we have the player embedded). Currently when someone clicks Share/Twitter in the embedded player, it uses a URL like "Watching My Program http://livestre.am/aaaa via @livestream" I want to replace the livestream url with something like www.mysite.com/player.

It SEEMS to be possible according to a document on livestream support, which states:

"Player Embed Options (Premium)
Premium users can now control every element on their new embedded video player.

Content Link: Turn on all links back to my Livestream Page.
Custom Link: This affects the upper left, background click-bait, "More" button (appears at the end of a video), sub-title, Facebook share, and Twitter share links."

The document is located here: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/..._.28Premium.29

But I don't seem to have those options.

Is it possible to direct Facebook/Twitter shares to our website instead of Livestream channel page?

Thanks!
Old 8th May 2012, 11:13
Livestream Producer Support

roverradio,

While this option will affect the overlay redirect and more button at the end of a clip, it does not change the copy or link displayed through a Twitter/Facebook share. We apologize for any confusion this may cause.
Old 8th May 2012, 23:42

Bummer! I'd like people to be able to share via Twitter and Facebook - but I have my livestream channel page disabled (use embed only)! A solution would be most welcome...but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the reply!