Old 3rd May 2012, 01:27

Unhappy Procaster caused a computer crash?

Posting for a friend; they downloaded the latest update for Procaster, restarted their computer as instructed... and now they remain stuck at the gray loading screen you get when you first turn on your computer.

What the heck happened? Restarting the computer again does not resolve the problem.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:41
Livestream Procaster Support

Hey Chrusling,

Could you do the following:
1) Be sure your Mac is shut down.
2) Press the power button.
3) Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
4) Power on the mac while ho holding shift
5) Open finder
6) Press shift + cmd + g
7) type /System and click Go
8) Open the folder Library
9) Open the folder extensions
10) Remove the following extensions (if installed)
a) LPAudioRedirector
b) LPAudioRedirector32
c) LPAudioRedirector64
d) LivestreamAudioRedirector32
d) LivestreamAudioRedirector64
11) restart
12) Then you can reinstall procaster.
Old 5th May 2012, 15:45

Exclamation Kernel Panic with Procaster v20.2.69

I'm using a macbook osx 10.6.8 (snow leopard)
2GHz Intel Core Due with 2Gb RAM

When I ran the update that was detected by Procaster to v20.2.69, it installed fine and would run. But as soon as I rebooted I got Apple's grey screen on power-up which just says (please restart the system)

Upon finding how to do a logged bootup (Shift Command V) I saw my system was hanging at the procaster kext file.

So I removed the extension from the System/Library folder, trashed the Procaster app and everything is fine.

Any thoughts? My only idea is to start moving back to the older version so it's stable...
Old 5th May 2012, 16:35
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZMCA View Post
I'm using a macbook osx 10.6.8 (snow leopard)
2GHz Intel Core Due with 2Gb RAM

When I ran the update that was detected by Procaster to v20.2.69, it installed fine and would run. But as soon as I rebooted I got Apple's grey screen on power-up which just says (please restart the system)

Upon finding how to do a logged bootup (Shift Command V) I saw my system was hanging at the procaster kext file.

So I removed the extension from the System/Library folder, trashed the Procaster app and everything is fine.

Any thoughts? My only idea is to start moving back to the older version so it's stable...
Hey, we experienced this issue if you have installed some versions of the audio redirector. If you removed it from your extensions, you can install the newest version without issues. Do you know which version you installed before you got this?
Old 6th May 2012, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
Hey, we experienced this issue if you have installed some versions of the audio redirector. If you removed it from your extensions, you can install the newest version without issues. Do you know which version you installed before you got this?
I did a clean install of 10.6.8 on my system, then ran the Migration Assistant from a Carbon Copy Clone of my bootable 10.5 drive. It migrated all my apps, and surprisingly, all my data & programs work great...

The procaster was the only problem.. v20.0.89 was what I had installed on my OS X 10.5 system..

But did boot into Safemode in 10.6.8 and manually delete the kext file in the System/Library folder and re-install the latest version, but the same behavior happens. But I had only found a single file in that folder called LPAudioRedirector.kext

I didn't see any others that looked related to Procaster.

Last edited by JasonZMCA; 6th May 2012 at 16:51.