Old 12th January 2012, 08:28

Default USB Capture Cards

I'm part of a church that is looking to start streaming services to out of town and shut in members. Livestream looks to be the best platform to do that and we're working on getting all the hardware in place (computer, internet connection to the sound booth, etc).

We need to interface with our current CCTV feed, which means I need to hook up an analog RCA video and audio source to a new Windows computer (Dell) without firewire.

We fully intend on using procaster for its ease of use and one big button for people to push to get started.

Can anyone recommend a USB capture card/dongle/interface that they personally have used that is under $100? If not, can you recommend one that is under $500?

Any help is appreciated.

Have a great day,
Old 8th February 2012, 01:09

Can you use any other port to stream live video? what about component cable? can I get an express card that will allow my HDMI to connect to it?
Old 8th February 2012, 10:51

Well, we've been working to come up with a suitable solution for the past year or so, but it's incredibly hard due to the way the infrastructure works and the limitations that are imposed. Sadly we don't have a product to offer as yet. We've run into multiple issues and due to the fact that every single streaming application that you can use with Livestream and other competing services seems to demand un-encoded video it's really hard to actually get HD video onto a notebook.

The only affordable Express card I'm aware of that is available in retail with component video input is this product from Avermedia http://www.avermedia-usa.com//AVerTV...d=490&device=4 however, it requires a high-end notebook to do realtime H.264 encoding at HD resolution, but it should be fine for lower resolutions on a reasonably average notebook these days, although the card only works with Windows.

Hope this is of some help and hopefully we should have some working hardware in the not to distant future that will make everyone's life easier when it comes to live streaming video.

Last edited by throwput; 8th February 2012 at 10:59.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:54
Livestream Producer Support

McLeanPresbyterianChurch,

Is your machine a desktop or laptop? If you're using a desktop we'd recommend one of the Blackmagic Decklink or Intensity Pro cards.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 16th March 2012, 15:28

Smile How to connect my CANON XF100 to livestream?

I have a CANON XF 100 HDV camera and I'm wondering how I can stream live?
I have a macbookpro with firrewire port, and I've downloaded Procaster.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:51

itsyourworld,

You can use a Grass Valley ADVC110 to take your camera's composite output and input to the MacBook via FireWire. Please note, this solution is only for standard def. If you have a powerful laptop an (i7 CPU recommended) you can use the H.264 Pro Recorder to input to the laptop via USB 2.0 to stream in HD.

The H.264 Pro Recorder and some other high quality laptop encoding solutions can be found in our store, at the following URL: http://store.livestream.com/collecti...aptop-encoding
Old 28th March 2012, 09:19

Question Mac and camcorder streaming issue

Hi,
I'm also trying to stream with no success, using a Macbook 6,1 intel core duo with NO firewire
I'm trying to stream from a Panasonic NV-GS11 camcorder...
tried using the usb cable, but could not find the driver for the camcorder (and in any case that's a problem with the mac).
Looking for your suggestions PLEASE....
Old 4th May 2012, 09:54

Default Stream with a Sony HXR-MC50e

Hello all.
I have the camcoder above, I'd like to know if anyone managed to live stream with that model.
It has both USB and HDMI connectors.
Do I need particular USB drivers to make it visible to Procaster?
If the notebook has a HDMI port can I use it with Procaster?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Stefano.
Old 5th May 2012, 13:54

gestionereti,

To stream with that particular camera, you would need a capture device such as the Grass Valley ADVC-110 (Mac/PC, Firewire), or the Black Magic line of capture devices such as the Intensity Shuttle (PC, USB 3.0), Intensity Extreme (Mac, Thunderbolt) or H.264 Pro Recorder (Mac/PC, USB 2.0). Please note, the H.264 Pro Recorder requires a high-end CPU such as an i5 or i7. Many of these options are available in our store at the following URL: store.livestream.com

You will not be able to stream by connecting the camera directly into your computer's HDMI port.
Old 29th June 2012, 17:01

Default live stream broadcaster

I was looking into purchasing the live stream broadcaster for the live streaming we do at our church. I know yall listed some of the hd cameras that yall recommend but we are wanting to go with a cheaper hd camera. My question is. Can the live stream broadcaster capture content from a consumer grade hd camera (like a canon vixia hf10). All the things I've read shows that it will. I just want to make sure before we make some purchases.

Thanks