Old 16th April 2009, 21:09

Question Multiple streams with procaster?

Is there any way to also use the Mogulus Studio in conjunction with Procaster?

Is there a way to switch between two streams where either or both are using procaster?

If not, is there an expected timeline when this might be available?

Ideally presenterA could run slides on their screen and a different person could be running the "studio" that is deciding whether to stream presenterA (and in what format: full screen, 2D, 3D, etc...) or a different stream from presenterB.
Old 18th April 2009, 14:59

I'm far from a procaster expert but...

Procaster will appear in your studio as one of your cameras and can be cued like any other camera. You just need to uncheck "Go Live Automatically" in procasters General Preferences.

It appears that you can only have one procaster camera appear in studio. I can't figure out how to make the stream unique like you do with FME.
I have installed it on multiple laptops, when ever I start the second procaster laptop the first one disappears from studio.

I have used procaster on one laptop and FME on another and both cameras appear in studio.

I have also been able to have a third camera attached to the laptop running studio and all three cameras cue fine, one streaming from studio, one from procaster, one from FME.

I do not know if procaster continues to attempt a reconnect when it loses connection to the server like FME does.

Tags
multi-camera, multiple inputs, procaster