Old 7th February 2012, 21:38

Unhappy Tricaster intigration

I have a tricaster300 and recently updated it to the new version 4 that has livestream integration which is great, but now I only have 3 streaming options, mobile, normal and medium + mobile. All of these are considerably less clear than what I was pushing prior to the upgrade. Tricaster says that in the livestream plugin, that is the only options, so my question is, can we upgrade the plugin to stream in high or HD from the 300?

Also, it appears that we can now stream live to iphone/ipad, but when the video is placed in the video on demand, it does not play on those devices, is that correct or am I doing something wrong.

thanks,
Old 8th February 2012, 12:00
Livestream Producer Support

jcmcmahon,

The option of 3 bit rates is a limitation of the TriCaster 300, which cannot handle the strain of the higher multiple bit rate options due to insufficient processing power.

As for your video on demand issue, the files should play in mobile devices. Please note auto pilot content will not play on mobile devices. I've tried to bring your channel up on my iOS device to confirm whether or not your on demand clips will play, however the channel is currently password protected and not viewable on mobile. If you'd like to do some testing with this issue, I would advise calling our Premium Support number (found in your account center) when you're free to test.

Last edited by ernielive; 8th February 2012 at 12:10.
Old 11th April 2012, 19:18

Default Tricaster TC Duo

Dear Sir, we are a church with a Tricaster TC Duo trying to webcast our services to the internet. We have tried to use the URL format on the record/stream screen that includes "mogulus/ channel name/username/password but we continue to get an error message that the domain name is invalid. Please advise.

Bishop Lewter
Old 12th April 2012, 11:20
Livestream Producer Support

bishoplewter,

Your RTMP URL Must be formatted exactly as below:

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/channelname/username=yourusername/password=yourpassword/isAutoLive=true

If you are using the proper formatting and still experiencing an issue, please open a support ticket at the following URL and include the RTMP URL exactly as you have it entered into the Tricaster's location field.

https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket