Old 11th April 2012, 12:07

Question Question about using multiple web cameras

I would love it if someone could help me figure out the best way to go about this broadcast my company is planning.

Normally we broadcast using Procaster. We tend to do web shows that involve an expert on the topic being interviewed via web camera. The way in which we do this now is just show the desktop with either the person's Skype video chat screen or a pdf of the presentation and occasionally cutting to the host's web camera which is hooked up directly to the computer.

We're coming up with a new show concept that would involve not only the host's camera but at least 4 other web camera's all in varying locations across the country. The point of the show is to have one guest tell their story and have the other 3 guests give them feedback. This means that everyone needs to be heard at the same time almost like a conference.

I am unsure of having everyone sign in as production team members so I can access each web camera. Would transitioning from camera to camera eliminate the audio of the cameras that are not live?

The other way in which I was was going to go about this is have all the guests sign into a group chat in either google+ or Skype then just have desktop shots. This way i know everyone is being heard and we can see all the guests.

If anyone has any tips or better solutions please let me know. I want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Tags
cameras, chat, group, multiple, web