Old 22nd March 2012, 09:48
Livestream Procaster Support

alejobolivar, we fixed an camera busy error in the beta version: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9146 could you try it?
Old 30th March 2012, 00:53

Default Error when using NTSC

I am having this same error with both 20.2.69 and 20.2.76, but only when I set the input to NTSC sqpxl, which is what the input device is sending. I am using an Osprey 230 capture card, which is listed as a certified device.

If I set the input to PAL 16:9, the stream starts, but our cameras are not PAL cameras, and it messes up the Osprey Config settings, too.

I reverted to 20.2.43, and everything works fine. The latest version breaks something with the Osprey card so that it won't work with NTSC settings.
Old 30th March 2012, 11:12
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolivewels View Post
I am having this same error with both 20.2.69 and 20.2.76, but only when I set the input to NTSC sqpxl, which is what the input device is sending. I am using an Osprey 230 capture card, which is listed as a certified device.

If I set the input to PAL 16:9, the stream starts, but our cameras are not PAL cameras, and it messes up the Osprey Config settings, too.

I reverted to 20.2.43, and everything works fine. The latest version breaks something with the Osprey card so that it won't work with NTSC settings.
Hello,

Just to be clear, the issue you are having is that your are getting the Camera not found error when trying to stream NTSC with your card? Or is it aspect ratio issues you are having while streaming in NTSC mode? Please let us know so we can better assist you.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:22

I am getting the "Error Opening Camera (it can be busy)" whenever I set the input to NTSC. If I use the auto-detected setting of PAL 16:9, it works, but the picture is distorted. The camera is broadcasting NTSC 4:3 (sqpxl). Please note that older versions of Procaster work fine. It is the latest stable version and all betas since then that cause this error.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:54
Livestream Producer Support

mtolivewels,

Please open a support ticket at the following URL: https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

Please include the detailed specs of your computer as well as your entire workflow and the details listed above in the ticket.
Old 13th March 2013, 16:45

Default Our Solution

We went through 2 desktops (xp pro sp3 and win 7 ultimate) and a laptop (win 7 premium), 2 video cards (osprey and asus) and a usb converter, and probably 15 versions of procaster, all to no avail. We finally got around this issue and streaming fine by using Adobe Flash Media Encoder. Works great.

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ith_Livestream
Old 17th March 2013, 13:49

Default Error Reintroduced in 20.3.25

The camera busy error was resolved in Procaster 20.3.0, but it has returned again in 20.3.25. We are using a Osprey 230 capture card. It is being detected by Procaster as PAL 16:9, even though it is broadcasting in NTSC sq. pixel (640x480). The error seems to be identical to what we were seeing in all versions between 20.2.43 and 20.3.0.

Tags
error opening camera