Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Cameras & Equipment

Old 29th December 2011, 10:04

Default Still in need of advice on equipment

Although I outline what hardware our products could use, its getting close to another production season and I'm not any closer to having a setup that will support the hardware on hand.

I could certainly use some advise.

The two pieces of hardware that are guarantees are the Panasonic HPX170 cameras and MacBook Pro (2.66 i7 with 8GB ram, no thunderbolt).

With what I have what are options for streaming HD? Does procaster support the HPX170?

Thanks all.
Old 29th December 2011, 10:18
Livestream Producer Support

scadelearning,

You should be able to stream using your HPX170 via Firewire to your MacBook Pro, however you will be limited to streaming in standard def with this set up. Your only option for HD streaming with that camera, would be to use a tower equipped with a Black Magic capture device such as the DeckLink Studio (HD-SDI) or Intensity Pro (HDMI). These solutions can be found in our store at the following URL: http://store.livestream.com/collecti...ding-solutions
Old 29th December 2011, 11:32

Default What could I use instead of a MacBook Pro?

It seems the issue is with my version of the MacBook Pro, correct? What encoding hardware would work with the HPX170? MacBook Pro with thunderbolt, the semi-portable encoding station.

A couple of other goals are to limit the amount of cabling I have to own and run through our various venues and to get have all the video and audio sources come into a central "system" before going out to an encoder.

That central "system" in my first post was the Sony Anycast station. I like this service for the web based production studio however as I mentioned I am trying to simplfy the production.

Thoughts and encoding solutions and compatible switching solutions? Lastly is there a list of procaster support P2 production decks?
Old 29th December 2011, 17:44

Default Follow up

The production switchers such as the Tricaster 450 those aren't encoders as well, correct?

Are those switchers compatible with Procaster and can be connected to an encoding unit like the semi-portable (build it yourself) encoding solution.

Is the Tricaster 450 or 850 Extreme by Newtek compatible with Procaster?

This setup would support HD video streaming to desktop and mobile devices?

Last edited by scadelearning; 30th December 2011 at 09:48.
Old 30th December 2011, 08:22

Well, it took me long enough to reply, but I did test 3 different set-ups, went to record in on a remote location and visited my parents since...
I ended up sticking with the BlackMagic H264 recorder/encoder. Superb quality and built to fall from sky scrapers!
How about you? did you get the Extreme card?
I'm thinking of getting the BlackMagic . http://www.blackmagic-design.com/pro...evisionstudio/ This looks like the best solution to have multiple camera streaming HD (cheap).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:09

Hi CFA_EMEA

The BlackMagic H264 recorder/encoder is for recording only right? We can't use this to stream live to Livestream right?

I just got the ATEM 1 M/E and am looking for a way to send the signal into a laptop/pc for live streaming.
Old 28th February 2012, 10:25

Default Advice needed

Hi,

I am planning to use the Sony Anycast video switcher as a source for Livestream via the firewire port (in SD) . Do you think the Sony device will be recognized as a video source by ProCaster ? (I need ton rent the Anycast and I would like to know before renting)

Otherwise I am thinking to invest in a solution like the 'Atem Television Studio' wich looks nice as a switcher but does not allow a real live streaming without a second computer and an additional Blackmagic card. Has anyone test this kind of configuration ?
Telestream Wirecast ?

Thanks !
Old 1st March 2012, 10:36

Eyecone,

The Sony Anycast should be recognized as a video source from the Procaster sources menu. You are correct if you'd like to use the Blackmagic Design ATEM you would need to take the video output signal from it and run it into another system to handle the actual stream. Many Livestream users currently utilize Telestream Wirecast, if this is another option you are considering.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 5th March 2012, 19:17

Default intensity extreme didn't work for me.

Actually, intensity extreme didn't work for me.
I was streaming at 1080 i 60fp/s from my Panny GH2 camera to the intensity extreme device, but I was unable to stream live using the most common encoders flme, quicktime broadcaster and procaster. Same problem with a different camcorder sreaming hdmi 1080 i at 30fps. I was successful at capturing the hdmi stream on my mac using the application that came with the device, but this wasn't the intended use. I am returning the intensity extreme box next week unless someone finds a solution.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:23

francislucille,

Could you let us know the specs on your encoding machine and also confirm you have the most recent Blackmagic drivers, as well as Procaster version 20.2.69M. The newest drivers for your device can be downloaded from the following page:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/

Matt
Livestream Support