Old 1st March 2012, 18:36
Administrator

The reason your channel is not showing up in search is most likely because it has not yet been verified. To be clear, the original Livestream isn't going anywhere. We plan to continue to offer free streaming for the foreseeable future.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:36

"Hey! We are livestream! Come stream for us! We have two versions, either you pay us for HD quality, or you stream in lower quality and allow us to run ad's while you stream!"

"That's fine by us!"

*months later*

"Hey, we are limiting channels to 50 viewers unless you get verified, getting verified is a long and painful process, you can have over 40,000 streamed minutes on your channel, but that's not enough. Oh, and in either case, if you do get verified, we'll stream ad's over your streams, or you can pay us and get HD access etc. Also, unless you get verified or pay us, your channels won't get listed, so good luck getting viewers without your channel getting listed!"

"This is really stupid, you won't list me unless I am verified or I pay? Well, lots of us will leave for twitch, the rest of us who are already verified will stick around."

*Months later*

"Hey, we are completely removing all free channels from the frontpage listings, verified or not, so even if you aren't verified you won't get any viewers regardless because people can't find you. But if you pay us now we'll happily run you on the front page! Oh yeah, we are running even MORE ad's during your free streams now, thanks for using us!"

And thats the straw that broke the camels back, I checked all the popular livestream channels, their viewers are down more then 50%, and that's just in a month

Good luck running a service where the only content viewed is paid commercials, nobody will be around for long
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:38

Its like the only way you can search now is from the old live stream..
http://www.livestream.com/guide/livetv
Old 10th April 2012, 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
The reason your channel is not showing up in search is most likely because it has not yet been verified. To be clear, the original Livestream isn't going anywhere. We plan to continue to offer free streaming for the foreseeable future.

-Ben
Livestream Support
THANK YOU! This is very good news. The new livestream sucks, I'm glad the old one isn't going anywhere. You should probably also post that information somewhere for people to see (presumably at the top with the Original Livestream link).

- Alex Penner

Last edited by Llamasquishy; 10th April 2012 at 04:51.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:50

Angry Hate it

2 words hate it i only love the link to the olod livestream if they are going to remove that i am done with this website i leaved twitch.tv (xplit doesnt support hq audio when you don't buy a license)
Old 14th May 2012, 21:17

Default Will OLD site's channels be closed?

Will you be closing old Livestream accounts? Wil my channels created on the old platform be elliminated?
I use it for non commercial purposes and I have sent the links to my friends.
Must I close the channels?
I cannot afford the cost and I don't mind advertising.

Thanks for your answer.
Old 15th May 2012, 10:36
Livestream Producer Support

Madenspam,

There are currently no plans to stop offering Original Livestream service or close any channels. We will continue to support Original in addition to New Livestream.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:32

Smile Glad you're not going to close old channels

I don't like new site. I cannot afford paying for the use I do.
I will continue using old platform as long as I can do it for free (it's perfect!).

You should implement other plans, sort of pay-per-view in which you pay for a specific event if you want to have no ads or better quality.

Thank you.
Old 26th May 2012, 00:14

Default miss the old format please reconsider !

really liked the players being visible....
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:21

Default Another reason the old Livestream works for me

I don't know why but the old livestream channels play flawlessly on media players or media-on-a-prim in Second Life. This has enabled me to share concert videos and facilitate educational events via livestream. However the new Livestream just doesn't seem to work. It won't play on the most popular media player device (NHC media player) and it is balky on media on a prim. I guess we are a small market, but I only set up a Livestream station in order to stream SL concerts.

Tags
accounts deleted, free channels, old version