Old 20th February 2012, 22:08

Default Livestream Crash

Ever since the last update for procaster I can't stream games and what not cause it says to much of my processor is being used and it stops the stream. At the moment I have down graded the the version before this feature so it doesn't do it, my friend also has this problem with the new version. The old one seems to do what we want just fine with no lag so it's either bugging up or to sensitive, is there a way to turn it off?
Old 21st February 2012, 08:53

Help Please.. I have this porblems all Time
Livestream Procaster ran out memory please close other memory-intensive application and restar procaster

Last edited by ernielive; 21st February 2012 at 11:33.
Old 21st February 2012, 10:46
Livestream Producer Support

blackwaterops,

Procaster doesn't crash when using the previous version correct? Which settings were you able to broadcast with the previous version, and are the same settings causing a crash with the latest version? Is the crash occurring on any particular games, or all games you attempt to play?

As a temporary fix, you could try streaming in a lower bit rate and disabling your local recording (preferences > desktop > save video to file) to help keep down the CPU usage. If the issue persists, I suggest opening a support ticket at the following URL: https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

Please include a detailed explanation of the issue a full specs of your computer.

Last edited by ernielive; 21st February 2012 at 11:26.
Old 21st February 2012, 20:03

Well its easier if I just take a picture, http://i.imgur.com/stWQS.png I match the settings every update (i wish it saved >.>).

this is my PC specs in detail. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/D...qetCxI7qoZ2CpI

I do watch my CPU % and it does max out when I stream... but it doesn't prevent me from streaming on older procasters, it's just that this last update doesn't allow that, as for the memory problem that ErinsonV has, I don't have it.
Old 21st February 2012, 23:31
Livestream Procaster Support

How fast does Procaster give this message and could you send your logs to procaster@livestream.com (you can save your logs by going into the settings, then on the video tab click save logs. Which is also in your middle top screenshots).
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:32

Default procaster quits with latest upgrade

We have had the same problem with our stream after the last upgrade... my solution was to set the bitrate to AUTO... that seemed to fix my crashes.. Hope that helps others and may give a clue to the tech support people at livestream. Before setting bitrate to auto, my cpu would instantly go to over 80% and crash the program, after setting bitrate to auto, cpu stays low, maybe around 15-20% all the time now.
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:19
Livestream Procaster Support

@theorchardtupelo - When you set this feature to something else, were you streaming single or multi bitrate?
Did you also change the bitrate or mono?
And to what setting did you set it to, we did 4 qualities set to 48000 before.

Or is it as in the picture
-custom quality
-96kbps for audio
-44100 sample rate.

Tags
crash, procaster, processor, stop, stream