Old 5th November 2008, 18:43

Default Flash Media Encoder Questian

Hi

I would like to use FME to stream.

I followed the instructions and everything looked fine in FME in that it was all connected properly and was encoding. But when I went to my channel all I could see was the testcard with no audio or video from FME.

In the instructions for using FME it says -

* Set isAutoLive=true if you want the feed to go live on your channel immediately bypassing the need to cue the camera and press record in the Studio.

* Set isAutoLive=false if you simply want the feed to appear as a camera in your Mogulus studio and manually control it when you cue it and go live from the studio. By doing this the Flash Media Encoder signal will show up as "External Feed" in the cameras menu and you will be able to add graphic overlays and use the studio as if it is a separate camera.

I set AutoLive=true and assume that I do no have to go into Studio as per the instruction above to cue and record.

With that in mind, anyone have any idea why I can't see a picture on my channel ?

The FMS URL I am using in FME is -

rtmp://fme.mogulus.com/mogulus/Sportstime/username=sportstime/password=abcde12345/isAutoLive=true

where Sportstime is my channel name, sportstime is my username and abcde12345 is my password (its not but just using it as an example !!).

For Stream I put Test1

Does this look correct ?

I know FME is working as I have tried to stream with it on another platform and everything is fine.

Any help or suggestionsmuch appreciated !
Old 20th November 2008, 20:19

Exclamation FME to stream - right URL

Hi sportstime,
I had the same problem with FME and found out, that the FMS URL needs a space between username and password - try this (with YOUR password):

rtmp://fme.mogulus.com/mogulus/sportstime/username=sportstime /password=abcde12345/isAutoLive=true

good luck - will work :-)

Eckart

PS: in the mogulus user guide the SPACE is there, but goes over two lines :-)

rtmp://fme.mogulus.com/mogulus/[channel_name_here]/username=[your_username]
/password=[your_password]/isAutoLive=[true|false]

Last edited by gaggeldub; 20th November 2008 at 20:50. Reason: added user guide code
Old 28th November 2008, 21:46

I've been having the exact same problem.

And putting a space between the name and password didn't do anything.
Old 29th November 2008, 16:29

Smile re cant see or hear in studio when auto live is true

If i understand correctley what you say,even though there is no sound or vision in the left monitor click on it until the right monitor gives sound and vision i hope this is of help Hayden@Hayprofilms.com call 07967 805 906 for help calls returned if in USA as there free for me.call gmt 12 noon onwards to 1800 regards Hayden.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:16

Adding a space to the publishing url between the username and password did not resolve this issue for me. Does anyone have another idea on how to get the stream to go live without using the studio?

Thank you,

Joe
Old 3rd December 2008, 06:42
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxjoe View Post
Adding a space to the publishing url between the username and password did not resolve this issue for me. Does anyone have another idea on how to get the stream to go live without using the studio?

Thank you,

Joe
If streaming from a cell phone via Qik is an option for you, my experience is that it goes auto-live 9 out of ten times, if this option is checked off in your profile at Qik. 3G or WiFi streams best, of course, and since it's wireless, you are mobile.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:58
Administrator

There should not be a space in the FMS URL, if it's still not working for you the issue may be an invalid character in the password (FME will only allow letters and numbers) or it could be due to invalid characters in the stream field, this should contain only letters and no spaces or other characters.

As always you're welcome to e-mail us directly at info@mogulus.com with the actual FMS URL you are using and we can work with you directly to determine the issue.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 25th March 2009, 23:53

I had the same problem.

I had used "isAutolive" instead of "isAutoLive".

It is case sensitive and I need the capital "L" to make it work.

Last edited by XXXOffroad; 26th March 2009 at 00:15.
Old 9th April 2009, 16:31

I want to stream with 1 camera to 2 channels. Is this possible with Flash Media? Can I put 2 urls in the FMS URL thing?