Old 6th February 2012, 09:35

Post Mobile viewing

I use Adobe encoder 3.2 to stream live 24/7. My phone has internet access via WIFI only. I can not download apps such as anything to view flash. Does anyone have a work around for this? The phone is called KIN. I started reading about progressively download over HTTP but was totally lost. Youtube videos are sent using this method.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Livestream and will this work with live video? A bit of a delay wouldn't matter much. It would just be cool to see it with my phone. Instead it use to tell me I neeed to download flash and provide a link. (not possible for this phone) but now it says that it is not mobile campatible. I stream using H264 bit rate 500. 480x360.

I can although view my channel with my tablet using android software but only 10-30 seconds at a time. Makes no sense to me? Any suggestions please?

Randy
Old 7th February 2012, 12:12
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpooo View Post
I use Adobe encoder 3.2 to stream live 24/7. My phone has internet access via WIFI only. I can not download apps such as anything to view flash. Does anyone have a work around for this? The phone is called KIN. I started reading about progressively download over HTTP but was totally lost. Youtube videos are sent using this method.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Livestream and will this work with live video? A bit of a delay wouldn't matter much. It would just be cool to see it with my phone. Instead it use to tell me I neeed to download flash and provide a link. (not possible for this phone) but now it says that it is not mobile campatible. I stream using H264 bit rate 500. 480x360.

I can although view my channel with my tablet using android software but only 10-30 seconds at a time. Makes no sense to me? Any suggestions please?

Randy
To my knowledge, windows mobile phones do not support live streamed. If you would like to stream content to iOS or Android mobile devices, you will need to do the following:

-Make sure you are streaming using H.264 Video and AAC Audio format.
[i] If you do not currently have the AAC audio option, you will need to purchase a plugin from Main Concept which will give you the AAC option when using FMLE.
-In your RTMP URL, make sure you have the following parameter at the end: /forceMobile=true

If you do not want to purchase the plugin, you can do this natively with Procaster, which streams in mobile compatible format and at multiple bitrates simultaneously.

Last edited by Henry_live; 7th February 2012 at 12:21.

Tags
mobile broadcasting, phone, tablet