Old 22nd January 2012, 15:15

Default Mobile Compatibility Question

How do I make my channel compatible whereas it's viewable with a mobile device? I only have a Basic broadcast that's NOT verified (Though I've tried SEVERAL times to get it verified)

I already tried going through the Livestream Mobile Website by going to http://mobile.livestream.com/wsotv with the browser on my Android but all I get is a message saying the channel isn't compatible

Help! I'd REALLY like to get this addressed as then this way, I can watch my videos no matter where I am (And so can everyone else)

EDIT I get the same message on this computer too

Cheers

Pat
Old 22nd January 2012, 15:36
Livestream Producer Support

wsotv

After reviewing your channel it looks like all the content you have is uploaded content. This uploaded content is not mobile compatible because it is not encode in the right form. Content has to be encode with H264 video and AAC audio.

Regards ,

Jonathan
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:57

Angry Mobile app not working on page.

After doing some research it appears that the uploaded video needs to be convert to AAC or H264 why is this not done automatically. and why am I now finding out about this, after loading over a 100 videos to my page. someone needs to fix this. no where during the process of uploading the video does it advise or warn that the videos will not play on a mobile device if the videos are not converted. now yet another step that needs deciphering.
Thank You Livestream for making this so easy.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:10
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGRADEMUSIC View Post
After doing some research it appears that the uploaded video needs to be convert to AAC or H264 why is this not done automatically. and why am I now finding out about this, after loading over a 100 videos to my page. someone needs to fix this. no where during the process of uploading the video does it advise or warn that the videos will not play on a mobile device if the videos are not converted. now yet another step that needs deciphering.
Thank You Livestream for making this so easy.

To clarify on the above post by JKeslow9, only Premium channels can upload mobile compatible content by changing their channel quality setting to one of the H.264 options. If you have a free channel and would like to have your on-demand content be mobile compatible, you must stream it Live using Procaster, which will save it in the right format for mobile.

Tags
android iphone, compatibility, compatible, mobile