Old 6th March 2011, 13:25

Red face Video appearing in library

Hi
How can i make a recorded live video appear faster in the library?

Even when i upload to the library viewers can have to wait upto 30 minutes for the video to appear, even thou its passed the livestream encoding stage.

Is there anything i can do within the studio interface to speed up the video appearing

Many thanks
Jamie
Old 6th March 2011, 15:53
Livestream Producer Support

Jamie,

Are you able to see the play button? If so your viewers will then also be able to play your video. If you are not seeing this yet then the video has not finished importing on our servers.

Matt
Old 6th March 2011, 15:58

Hi Matt
Yes the video is available to play, just takes an age to appear in the viewers library, should it be instant and available without constant browser refreshing
Cheers
Jamie
Old 6th March 2011, 16:21

Users will need to refresh their browser for the video to appear, however it should be available as soon as you're seeing the play button in Studio.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:41

Unhappy Library very slow and unpredictable

Hi
The library feature is very unpredicatble an uploaded video (encoded) placed in the library from within the studio can take upto an hour before it appears in our channel.

Refreshing the browser, login in/out, turning on vod all do nothing to speed up the process, why is it so slow when a feature like tickertape in instant?

Our problem is the client wants the video instantly available after the conference at the moment i have no answers other than "it will be there at some point I promise"

Any help much appreciated
Jamie
Old 15th March 2011, 10:16

Any video will take will take some time to transcode for eg:A one minute video takes about 1.5 minutes to transcode. However in regards to your query what I would recommend you to do is to login to your studio and click on the "Manage library tab" and just below the video settings you will see an option "Use uploaded file as master" put a check mark on this option and then when you upload a file it would be much quicker.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:28
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by raagvs View Post
Any video will take will take some time to transcode for eg:A one minute video takes about 1.5 minutes to transcode. However in regards to your query what I would recommend you to do is to login to your studio and click on the "Manage library tab" and just below the video settings you will see an option "Use uploaded file as master" put a check mark on this option and then when you upload a file it would be much quicker.
To elaborate, you'll want to check "Use uploaded file as master" only if your video quality settings match your channel's quality settings. This will bypass the transcoding process.

Other than that, there is nothing you can do to speed up the process of importing video. Each clip has to encode to our servers. As soon as you're able to play them in the Studio, however, they should be available in your Video On-Demand library.

Best,
Jason
Old 17th March 2011, 03:37

Library is always library and we cant compare all these with each other.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:23

Exclamation Recording not in Library 12 hours later?

My recording shows and so does the play button, that it it will not play. In the studio it still reads that its importing? 12 hours it has been? I used Podcaster
Old 19th January 2012, 14:50

a2zenfm,

For best results, I recommend uploading at or under the specs your channel are set for. As a free channel, your channel is limited to 500k, which mean you should use the 'upload file as master' option and the following settings:

Video: 400kbps, VP6 codec
Audio: 64kbps, MP3 codec
4:3 dimensions: 480x360
16:9 dimensions: 480x270
Container file: FLV

Tags
library, livestream, video