Old 2nd January 2012, 10:46

Default streaming with 4g lte

Does anyone know if it is possible to stream with a 4g lte connection? My current speeds at home is 2.5 mbps... which is very slow, I know. I know a lot of people in my area can hit around 20+ mbps down and 15+ mbps up. I also understand I can tether the connection to my computer and run off that, but would there be any difference between using a cell service internet compared to standard internet to stream content?

thinking about upgrading to 4G so I'd like to know before I do
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:06
Livestream Producer Support

Sluggette,

Streaming on a 4G connection should not be a problem. However your 2.5mbps upload speed should be more than enough to broadcast at normal + mobile bit rates. A hard-wired internet connection will be much more stable than a wireless 4G connection, which would be more prone to dropped connections.

If the folks in your area who are getting 20/15 speeds use the same ISP as you, I would advise contacting the ISP directly to inquire about your relatively slow speeds.
Old 4th January 2012, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
Sluggette,

Streaming on a 4G connection should not be a problem. However your 2.5mbps upload speed should be more than enough to broadcast at normal + mobile bit rates. A hard-wired internet connection will be much more stable than a wireless 4G connection, which would be more prone to dropped connections.

If the folks in your area who are getting 20/15 speeds use the same ISP as you, I would advise contacting the ISP directly to inquire about your relatively slow speeds.
Ahhh sorry, I should have been more clear. The 20/15 speeds are coming from the 4g LTE speeds in my area. And my ISP speed is a crappy DSL line with 2.5 download and... .40 upload, ha ha. So it's impossible for me to get a good stream going with my current DSL speed