Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Mac

Old 6th September 2011, 04:44
Livestream Producer Support

SCANTV24,

I am unaware of such behavior in OSX 10.6 with Soundflower. Could you please attempt to install the plugin above and let us know your results. If you continue to experience this could you please provide us with your system specs and model.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 7th December 2011, 15:58

I'm running OS 1.6.8 (Snow Leopard) as well (On a MacBook Pro), with Procaster 20.2.0. Today when I went to use Procaster for streaming from my Xbox for the first time since I upgraded (from what I can remember, anyways), any sound that comes in through Soundflower is straight static. This is the first time I have encountered any such issue.

I have tested Soundflower in other applications, and Procaster is the only one having this issue. You can see the video I shot here, with the bad audio: http://livestre.am/1anqt

The aforementioned "plug-in" is designed for OS 10.7.x (Lion), and does not have any effect on Snow Leopard.

Is there any solution for this problem?

EDIT: Okay, I may have found a workaround for Snow Leopard.

Because I couldn't get Procaster to function correctly with Soundflower, I decided to give the newly-released v20.2.22 beta a shot to see if it worked. Unfortunately, the problem actually went from bad to worse, as instead of giving me static when I selected Soundflower in the audio mixer, it immediately crashed Procaster, requiring a force close. That's when I decided to mess around with it a bit, and I think I hit paydirt. While this work around may work in v20.2.0, it has only been tested in 20.2.22, but you may as well give it a shot in either case.

When you first bring up the audio mixer, usually "Speaker audio" is the default source in the mix. For now, let it be. Click "Add Source" and then make that new source "Soundflower 2ch" or "Soundflower 16ch" (whichever one you normally use). Right now, it should be functioning correctly. All that's left is the delete the "Speaker audio" source. You should now be up and running.

Let me know if this worked for anybody else.

Last edited by xmrlostmanx; 7th December 2011 at 17:33. Reason: Found a possible work around
Old 7th December 2011, 17:45

I've informed our Procaster development team of this and they are going to look into it further.

Matt
Livestream Support

Tags
audio, lion, procaster, sound, soundflower