Old 15th November 2011, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenighter View Post
Hi Drake, did you ever find a solution for this since I have the exact same problem. I contacted LiveStream support but they do not have a solution nor do they know with Procaster will be updated to support multiple camera's. My current idea is to use Wirecast to mix the camera's and then use Procaster to capture the screen of Wirecast. I know its not the best solution but I am going to test it and see if I have any issues. This will allow me to use Wirecast to mix my camera's and then capture the output with Procaster and send it out as High and Mobile.
That sounds like it will work but the main issue would then be audio and framerate... Sounds like a good plan for now. Livestream basically has said to me 'use Procaster'. When I explain that I need more than one input in order to facilitate a professional production (4 cams, 2 comps + graphics & overlays) and that Wirecast has the ability to send out multiple streams, they tell me that Procaster is the only option for multiple bitrate streaming. I fail to see why they can't just give me settings for Wirecast since it allows me to configure independent streams easily.

HOWEVER, the new beta which is lauching (or has launched) and will go UN-beta in the spring, will do conversion on the fly. In otherwords, we upload one HD stream, livestream will down convert to other resolutions through the backend. That is ideal, so I will gladly wait it out for that option. I would love to see a solid response from them though! Love livestream, just want to use Wirecast and not Procaster.
Old 16th November 2011, 17:11

Default ?

aschwartz how are you currently doing your workflow now and would you be interested in sending me your email so we can talk back and forth some more? My idea was just to have my audio come directly into the PC over the line-in jack and configure Procaster to use the line-in jack thus not send any audio through Wirecast. Then setup Wirecast to output the results to a 2nd display and have Procaster capture the second monintor. Hopefully the framerates and everything will look good but I will have to test it. That does sound very promising about the upcoming changes to Procaster, are you in the current beta? I have opened a couple of tickets with Livestream on this issue but they have given me no heads up. Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 17:17
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschwartz View Post
That sounds like it will work but the main issue would then be audio and framerate... Sounds like a good plan for now. Livestream basically has said to me 'use Procaster'. When I explain that I need more than one input in order to facilitate a professional production (4 cams, 2 comps + graphics & overlays) and that Wirecast has the ability to send out multiple streams, they tell me that Procaster is the only option for multiple bitrate streaming. I fail to see why they can't just give me settings for Wirecast since it allows me to configure independent streams easily.

HOWEVER, the new beta which is lauching (or has launched) and will go UN-beta in the spring, will do conversion on the fly. In otherwords, we upload one HD stream, livestream will down convert to other resolutions through the backend. That is ideal, so I will gladly wait it out for that option. I would love to see a solid response from them though! Love livestream, just want to use Wirecast and not Procaster.
aschwartz,

In the New Livestream, multi-bitrate Live broadcasts will continue to require you to encode using a Multi-Bitrate setting on the Livestream encoding software.

Our developers are working to improve the software so hopefully the options you are looking for will be available in a later version of the software.
Old 7th March 2012, 21:08

Default anything new

on this topic....
Old 8th March 2012, 10:17
Livestream Producer Support

NCMAINEAC,

If you're interested in using the New Livestream sign up for an account and apply to become a producer, we are sending out invitations periodically for producer access.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 16th March 2012, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeHatfield View Post
So in addition to my normal HD stream (1200kbps, 720p/24) I can add a 2nd stream with those specs and livestream will know to deliver that stream to iOS devices and the main stream to everyone else..?

Apparently so...